House of Horrors: The CIA, Dr. Gottlieb and MK-Ultra
© Jose Mesa | CC BY 2.0
The death (or possibly murder) of Frank Olson was but a hint of the enormous secret CIA program of research into techniques of mind alteration and control. The whole enterprise was assigned the code-name MK-ULTRA and was run out of the CIA's Technical Services Division, headed in the 1950s by Willis Gibbons, a former executive of the US Rubber Company. In the division's laboratories and workshops researchers labored on poisons, gadgets designed to maim and kill, techniques of torture and implements to carry such techniques to agonizing fruition. Here also were developed surveillance equipment and kindred tools of the espionage trade. All of these activities made the Technical Services Division a vital partner of the covert operations wing of the Agency.
Within Technical Services MK-ULTRA projects came under the control of the Chemical Division, headed from 1951 to 1956 by Dr. Sidney Gottlieb, a New York Jew who received his doctorate in chemistry from California Tech. Born with a clubfoot and afflicted with a severe stammer, Gottlieb pushed himself with unremitting intensity. Despite his physical affliction he was an ardent square dancer and exponent of the polka, capering across many a dance floor and dragging visiting psychiatrists and chemists on terpsichorean trysts where appalling plans of mind control were ruminated amidst the blare of the bands.
Gottlieb and his wife, a fundamentalist Christian, lived on a farm in the Shenandoah Mountains in northern Virginia. Their house was a former slave quarters, and Gottlieb rose every morning before sunrise to milk his herd of goats.
As was demonstrated in the Olson affair, Gottlieb had powerful friends inside the Agency, notably Richard Helms, at that time deputy director for covert operations. MK-ULTRA was created on April 13, 1953, when CIA director Allen Dulles approved Helms's proposal to develop the "covert use" of biological and chemical materials. The code-name ULTRA may have been an echo from Helms's and Dulles's OSS days, when ULTRA (the breaking of the primary German code) represented one of the biggest secrets of World War II.
Gottlieb himself said that the creation of MK-ULTRA was inspired by reports of mind-control work in the Soviet Union and China. He defined the mission as an investigation into how individual behavior could be "altered through covert means." He gave this description in 1977 during the Kennedy hearings, testifying via remote speaker from another room. "It was felt to be mandatory," Gottlieb went on, "and of the utmost urgency for our intelligence organization to establish what was possible in this field."
The CIA had followed the trial of the Hungarian Roman Catholic Cardinal Josef Mindszenty in Budapest in 1949 and concluded that the Cardinal's ultimate confession had been manipulated through "some unknown force." Initially the belief was that Mindszenty had been hypnotized, and intrigued CIA officers conjectured that they might use the same techniques on people they were interrogating. The CIA's Office of Security, headed at the time by Sheffield Edwards, developed a hypnosis project called Bluebird, whose object was to get an individual "to do our bidding against his will and even against such fundamental laws of nature as self-preservation."
The first Bluebird operations were conducted in Japan in October 1950 and were reportedly witnessed by Richard Helms. Twenty-five North Korean prisoners of war were given alternating doses of depressants and stimulants. The POWs were shot up with barbiturates, allowing them to go to sleep, then abruptly awoken with injections of amphetamines, hypnotized, then questioned. This operation was in total contravention of international protocols on the treatment of POWs. These Bluebird interrogations continued throughout the Korean War.
Simultaneously, US POWs held in North Korea were being paraded by their captors, alleging that the US was using chemical and biological agents against the Koreans and the Chinese. An international commission in 1952 concluded that the charges had merit. But the CIA's response was to leak to favored reporters at Time, the Chicago Tribune, and the Miami Herald stories to the effect that the American POWs had been brainwashed by their Communist captors. This had the double utility of squelching the charges of germ warfare and also of justifying the Bluebird program.
In fact, US military and intelligence agencies had been dabbling in mind control research for more than forty years. One of the early experimenters was George H. Estabrooks, a research psychologist who taught for years at Colgate College in upstate New York. Estabrooks was a Rhodes scholar who had trained in psychology at Harvard with Gardner Murphy. The psychologist, whose specialty was the use of hypnosis in intelligence operations, worked as a contractor for Naval Intelligence and was later to advise CIA researchers such as Martin Orne and Milton Erickson.
In 1971, Estabrooks gave a chilling portrait of his career in an article in Science Digest titled "Hypnosis Comes of Age." "One of the most fascinating but dangerous applications of hypnosis is its use in military intelligence," Estabrooks wrote. "This is a field with which I am familiar through formulating guidelines for the technique used by the US in two world wars. Communication in war is always a headache. Codes can be broken. A professional spy may or may not stay bought. Your own man may have unquestionable loyalty but his judgement is always open to question. The hypnotic courier, on the other hand, provides a unique solution." Estabrooks related in matter-of-fact detail his role in hypnotizing intelligence officers for dangerous missions inside occupied Japan, describing how through hypnosis he had "locked" information inside the mind of unwitting soldiers, information that could only be retrieved by Estabrooks and other designated military psychologists.
Then Estabrooks described how he and other government doctors developed techniques to split personalities, using a combination of hypnosis and drugs. "The potential for military intelligence has been nightmarish," Estabrooks wrote. In one case, he claimed that he had created a new personality in a "normal" Marine. The new personality "talked Communist doctrine and meant it." Estabrooks and the army contrived to have the Marine given a dishonorable discharge and encouraged him to penetrate the Communist Party. All along, Estabrooks said, the "deeper personality" was that of the Marine, which had been programmed to operate as a kind of "subconscious spy." "I had a pipeline straight into the Communist camp. It worked beautifully for months with this subject, but the technique backfired. While there was no way for an enemy to expose Jones's dual personality, they suspected it, and played the same trick on us later."
The CIA's Bluebird project, which investigated hypnosis and other techniques in the early 1950s, was headed by Morse Allen, a veteran of Naval Intelligence and a specialist in techniques of interrogation. Criminologists revere Allen as a pioneer in the use of the polygraph. Allen eventually became disappointed with the research into hypnosis, and developed a keen interest in the more robust fields of electro-shock therapy and psycho-surgery.
One of the CIA's first grants to an outside contractor was to a psychiatrist who claimed that he could use electro-shock therapy to produce a state of total amnesia "or excruciating pain." Another $100,000 CIA grant went to a neurologist who vouched for lobotomies and other types of brain surgery as useful tools in the art of interrogation. Both of these techniques would later become staples of the operations of one of MK-ULTRA's most infamous contractors, Dr. D. Ewen Cameron.
In 1952, the codeword Bluebird was changed to Artichoke. A CIA report on the project says that, among other things, Artichoke was meant to investigate the theory that "agents might be given cover stories under hypnosis and not only learn them faultlessly, but actually believe them. Every detail could be made to sink in. The conviction and apparent sincerity with which an individual will defend a false given under post-hypnotic suggestion is almost unbelievable."
In one experiment, a female CIA security officer was hypnotized and provided with a new identity. When she was later interrogated, the agent "defended it hotly, denying her true name and rationalizing with conviction the possession of identity cards made out to her real self." Artichoke also explored using hypnosis to recruit high-level political agents and unmask spies and double agents, a particular obsession of James Jesus Angleton, the CIA's counterintelligence chief.
The CIA memos of the time are filled with complaints about the difficulties of finding suitable human subjects for experimental research. "Human subjects" were evoked in the tactful phrase "unique research material." At first the CIA experimented mostly on prisoners, drug addicts and terminally sick destitutes. Details are scanty because Helms ordered all CIA records on the programs destroyed, but much of the "unique research material" came in the form of prisoners at California's Vacaville prison, the Georgia state penitentiary and the Tennessee state prison system. There was a problem, however. In these instances a certain modicum of informed consent was often required. Prisoners could get reduced sentences for agreeing to participate in the experiments. Drug addicts would get cash, drugs or treatment. Informed consent was often a condition in any treatment of the terminally ill poor. For the CIA researchers any type of informed consent was antithetical to their research task, which was to make unwilling subjects talk and covertly elicit cooperation.
By 1952 the CIA's scientists began to test their techniques on what a CIA memo described as "individuals of dubious loyalty, suspected agents or plants, subjects having known reasons for deception." As one CIA psychologist told John Marks, author of The Search for the Manchurian Candidate, a pioneering investigation into these activities in the late 1970s, "one did not put a high premium on the civil rights of a person who was treasonable to his own country." One suspected double agent was taken to a "thoroughly isolated" CIA safehouse in rural Germany, "far removed from surrounding neighbors." The man was told that he was to undergo a series of routine medical and psychological tests as condition of his employment. According to detailed account in the Artichoke files, the entire operation was conducted on the second floor of the safehouse, so as not to arouse the curiosity of "the household staff and security detail."
The session was recorded with "a special device that is easily concealable" and was monitored by the CIA medical division and investigators from Angleton's counterintelligence division. The subject was brought to the safehouse at about 10:30 p.m. and was given a casual interview that lasted about an hour. Then he was offered a glass of whiskey, which had been spiked with Nembutal. Over the next three days, the subject underwent intense interrogation, while CIA doctors gave him "intravenous infusions" of hallucinogens and placed him under hypnosis. The subject was also attached to a polygraph machine. The Artichoke scientists deemed the interrogation "profitable and successful." They noted that post-hypnotic suggestion had left the subject "completely confused" with a "severe headache" and a "vague and faulty" memory of the interrogation.
Though Bluebird had begun in the CIA's Security division, a contretemps at the CIA station in Frankfurt, Germany caused the transfer of these CIA researchers to the Covert Operations sector of the agency. In Frankfurt, where the CIA was ensconced in the former offices of IG Farben, a CIA civilian contractor - an American psychologist named Richard Wendt - was assigned the task of testing a cocktail of THC, Dexedrine and Seconal on five people under interrogation who were suspected of being double agents or bogus defectors. Wendt brought along his mistress to the Frankfurt sessions and was partying hard when his wife arrived. Amid the ensuing fracas, the CIA's man fled up a cathedral tower and threatened to throw himself off it. Amid these security lapses, the Security branch lost control of research, which now passed to Covert Operations, and eventually into the hands of Dr. Gottlieb.
Furnished with $300,000 from Allen Dulles, Gottlieb started farming out research to characters such as Harold Abramson, Olson's nemesis. In 1953, Dr. Abramson was given $85,000. His grant proposal listed six areas of investigation: disturbance of memory, discrediting by aberrant behavior, alteration of sex patterns, eliciting of information, suggestibility and creation of dependency.
Another early recipient of Gottlieb's money was Dr. Harris Isbell, who ran the Center for Addiction Research in Lexington, Kentucky. Passing through Isbell's center was a captive group of human guinea pigs in the shape of a steady stream of black heroin addicts. Isbell developed a "points system" to secure their cooperation in his research. These people, supposedly being delivered from their drug habits, were awarded heroin and morphine in amounts relative to the nature of a particular research task. It was the normal habit of Gottlieb and his CIA colleagues back in Virginia to test all materials on themselves, but more than 800 different compounds were sent over to Isbell's shop for the addicts to try first.
Perhaps the most infamous experiment in Louisville came when Isbell gave LSD to seven black male heroin addicts for seventy-seven straight days. Isbell's research notes indicate "double," "triple" and "quadruple" as he hiked the doses. Noting the apparent tolerance of the subjects to this incredible regimen of lysergic acid, Isbell explained in chilling tones that "this type of behavior is to be expected in patients of this type." In another eerie reprise of the Nazi doctors' Dachau experiments, Isbell had nine black males strapped to tables, injected with psilocybin, rectal thermometers inserted, lights shown in their eyes to measure pupil dilation and joints whacked to test neural reactions. The money for Isbell's research was being funneled by the CIA through the National Institutes of Health.
Isbell also played a key role as the middleman for the CIA in getting supplies of narcotics and hallucinogens from drug companies. The Agency had two main concerns: the acquisition of supplies and new compounds, and veto power over sales of such materials to the Eastern bloc. To take one example, in 1953 the CIA became concerned that Sandoz, the Swiss pharmaceutical firm for which Albert Hoffman had developed LSD, was planning to put the drug on the open market. So the Agency offered to buy Sandoz's entire production run of LSD for $250,000. Ultimately, Sandoz agreed to supply the Agency with 100 grams a week, deny requests from the Soviet Union and China, and also to furnish the Agency with a regular list of its LSD customers.
In the meantime, the CIA helped underwrite Eli Lilly's efforts to produce synthetic LSD. Lilly, the Indianapolis-based drug company, succeeded in this endeavor in 1954. Gottlieb hailed this triumph as a key breakthrough that would enable the CIA to buy the drug "in tonnage quantities." Such large amounts were not of course required for interrogation: Gottlieb's aim was instead to have the ability to incapacitate large populations and armies.
The MK-ULTRA projects were not limited to research on adults. The CIA funded a project at the Children's International Summer Village. The objective was to research how children who spoke different languages were able to communicate. But CIA documents reveal that an ulterior motive was the identification of promising young foreign agents. The well-known psychiatrist Loretta Bender was also a recipient of MK-ULTRA funds. The author of the Bender-Gestalt used her CIA money to pump hallucinogens, including LSD, into children between the ages of seven and eleven. Many of the children were kept on the drugs for weeks at a time. In two cases, Dr. Bender's "treatments" lasted, on and off, more than a year.
The CIA funneled large grants to the University of Oklahoma, home to Dr. Louis "Jolly" West. West would later go on to head the Violence Project at UCLA, where he and Dr. James Hamilton, an OSS colleague of George White and a recipient of CIA largesse, performed psychological research involving behavior modifications on inmates at Vacaville state prison in northern California. The MK-ULTRA funds pouring into the University of Oklahoma in the 1950s had a similar purpose: the study of the structure and dynamics of urban youth gangs. These studies indicate that from the CIA's earliest days it has had a keen interest in developing methods of social control over potentially disruptive elements in American society.
Certainly, one of the most nefarious of the MK-ULTRA projects was the "depatterning" research conducted by Scottish-born psychiatrist Dr. D. Ewen Cameron. Cameron was not hidden away in a dark closet: he was one of the most esteemed psychiatrists of his time. He headed both the American Psychiatric Association and the World Psychiatry Association. He sat on numerous boards and was a contributing editor to dozens of journals. He also enjoyed a long relationship with US intelligence agencies dating back to World War II, having been brought to Nuremberg by Allen Dulles to help evaluate Nazi war criminals, most notably Rudolf Hess. While in Germany Cameron also lent his hand to the journals. He also enjoyed a long relationship with US intelligence agencies dating back to World War II, having been brought to Nuremberg by Allen Dulles to help evaluate Nazi war criminals, most notably Rudolf Hess. While in Germany Cameron also lent his hand to the crafting of the Nuremberg Code on medical research.
After the war Cameron developed a near obsession with schizophrenia. He believed that he could cure the condition by first inducing a state of total amnesia in his patients and then reprogramming their consciousness through a process he termed "psychic driving." Cameron's base of operations was the Allan Memorial Institute at McGill University in Montreal. Through the early 1950s, Cameron's work received the lavish support of the Rockefeller Foundation. Then in 1957 Cameron found a new stream of money, Gottlieb's MK-ULTRA accounts. Over the next four years, the CIA gave Cameron more than $60,000 for his work in consciousness-alteration and mind control.
Using CIA and Rockefeller funds, Cameron pioneered research into the use of sensory deprivation techniques. He once locked a woman in a small white "box" for thirty-five days, where she was deprived of all light, smells and sounds. The CIA doctors back at Langley looked on with some amazement at this research, since its own experiments with a similar sensory deprivation tank in 1955 had induced severe psychological reactions in subjects locked up for less than forty hours.
Cameron used a variety of exotic drugs on his patients, once slipping LSD to an unsuspecting woman fourteen times over a two-month period. He also investigated the practical benefits of inducing paralysis in some of his patients by giving them injections of curare. Lobotomies were another area of intense interest for Dr. Cameron, who instructed his psycho-surgeons to perform their operations using only mild local anesthetics. He wanted the patients awake so that he could chart the minute changes in their consciousness the deeper the scalpel blade sliced into the frontal lobe.
Nothing satisfied Cameron quite like the use of electro-shock therapy, which he believed could "wipe the mind clean," allowing him to purge his patients of their disease. To this end Cameron developed a dire treatment. First, he put his patients into a prolonged sleep by injecting them with a daily mixture of Thorazine, Nembutal and Seconal. Using injections of amphetamines he brought patients out of their sleep three times a day when they would be forced to endure severe electro-shock treatments involving voltages forty times more intense than those considered safe and therapeutic at the time. This treatment would sometimes last two and half to three months. Then Cameron would begin his "psychic driving" experiment. This bizarre foray in behavioral conditioning consisted of the patients being assaulted by verbal messages played on a loop-feed tape player for sixteen hours a day; the speaker was often hidden under a pillow and was designed to deliver the messages subliminally while the patient slept.
These experiments were conducted on more than 150 patients, one of whom was Robert Loguey. Loguey was sent to Cameron by his family doctor, who believed that a persistent pain Loguey complained about in his leg was psychosomatic. Loguey was duly diagnosed as a schizophrenic by Cameron, which rendered him immediately available as a guinea pig for Cameron's CIA project. Loguey recalls that one of the negative messages Cameron piped into his room for twenty-three straight days was, "You killed your mother. You killed your mother." When Loguey went home, he was shocked to discover that his mother was alive and apparently well.
Linda McDonald was typical of Cameron's victims, who tended to be women. McDonald was a 25-year-old mother of five young children. She was suffering from a modest case of post-partem depression and chronic back pains. Her physician advised her husband that he should take Linda to see Dr. Cameron at his clinic in Montreal. The doctor assured her husband that Cameron was "the best there was" and would have her back home and healthy in no time. "So we went," Linda McDonald recalled in 1994 on the Canadian Broadcasting Company program, The Fifth Estate. "My medical file even says I took my guitar with me. And that was the end of my life."
After a few days of observation, Cameron had diagnosed McDonald as an acute schizophrenic and had her transferred to the medical torture chamber he called "the Sleep Room." For the next eighty-six days, McDonald was kept in a near comatose state by the use of powerful narcotics, and awakened only for massive jolts from Cameron's electro-shock machine. Over that period, McDonald received 102 electro-shock treatments.
"The aim was to wipe out the patterns of thought and behavior which were detrimental to the patient and replace them with healthy patterns of thought and behavior," said Dr. Peter Roper, a colleague of Cameron's who still defends the experiments. "I think this was stimulated by the effects on the American troops of the war in Korea, how they seemed to have been brainwashed."
Linda McDonald emerged from Cameron's care in a near infantile condition. "I had to be toilet trained," McDonald said. "I was a vegetable. I had no identity, no memory. I had never existed in the world before. Like a baby."
Cameron was eased out of his post at Allan Memorial in 1964 and died of a heart attack while mountain climbing in 1967 at the age of sixty-six. But that didn't end the matter. After the MK-ULTRA program was exposed, McDonald, Loguey and six other Cameron victims filed suit against the CIA. The Agency eventually agreed to a settlement, paying out $750,000 - but the CIA still maintains it was not culpable for Cameron's actions.
Anthropologists also got into the MK-ULTRA act. Richard Prince was given CIA money for research on "folk medicine and faith healing" among the Yoruba people in Nigeria. Gottlieb was interested in finding possible new drugs in Nigeria and in the mind-control techniques of Yoruba shamans. Margaret Mead sat with Ewen Cameron on the editorial board of a CIA-funded publication called the Research in Mental Health Newsletter, which discussed the use of psychedelic drugs to induce and treat schizophrenia. Mead's former husband, medical anthropologist Gregory Bateson, was given CIA-procured LSD by Harold Abramson. Bateson, in turn, gave some to his friend, the beat poet Allen Ginsberg. It was also Bateson's stash of LSD that eventually found its way to experiments being conducted on student volunteers by Dr. Leo Hollister. One of his subjects was a young creative writing student at Stanford, Ken Kesey, who would become the drug's chief proponent in the sixties counterculture.
In the early 1960s, the CIA even helped set up a company to scour the Amazon for potential new drugs, the Amazon Natural Drug Company. This nominally private enterprise was run by an old CIA hand named J. C. King, who had headed the CIA's Western Hemisphere Division during the Bay of Pigs and was officially moved out of the Agency shortly thereafter. Operating from his houseboat, King supervised a network of Amazon tribespeople, anthropologists and botanists to bring back new toxic compounds, including yage, the powerful hallucinogen used by the Yanomamo.
In 1954, Gottlieb and his colleagues in the Technical Services Division concocted a plan to spike punchbowls with LSD at the Agency's Christmas party, an amazing idea considering that only a year earlier a similar stunt had resulted in the death of Frank Olson. A more ambitious project was described in a CIA memo as follows "Technical Services Division concocted a plan to spike punchbowls with LSD at the Agency's Christmas party, an amazing idea considering that only a year earlier a similar stunt had resulted in the death of Frank Olson. A more ambitious project was described in a CIA memo as follows: "We thought about the possibility of putting some [LSD] in a city water supply and having citizens wander around in a more or less happy state, not terribly interested in defending themselves."
This was certainly a hazardous time to be at any public function attended by Dr. Sidney Gottlieb and his associates. In the midst of their MK-ULTRA researches, the CIA had concluded that since prisoners had lawyers who might turn ugly, it was probably not a good idea to use them as human guinea pigs. Initially they cut down the risk margin by administering the various hallucinogens to themselves, tripping regularly at CIA safehouses and institutions such as the CIA's wing at Georgetown and at Dr. Abramson's floor at Mount Sinai Hospital. The trips lacked the consciousness-heightening ambitions of the Leary generation, however. As John Marks put it, "the CIA experimenters did not trip for the experience itself, or to get high, or to sample new realities. They were testing a weapon; for their purposes, they might as well have been in a ballistics lab." But the Olson disaster reduced their enthusiasm for self-testing, and so did another mishap that occurred when an unwitting CIA officer had a dose of LSD slipped into his coffee at the Agency's offices on the Mall in Washington, D.C. The man dashed out the building, across the street, past the Washington Monument and the Lincoln Memorial, hallucinating that he was beset by monsters with huge eyes. Hotly pursued by CIA colleagues, he fled across a bridge over the Potomac and was finally cornered, crouching in a fetal position near Arlington National Cemetery."
After these mishaps, Gottlieb became persuaded that the best course was simply to test the hallucinogens on a random basis at public gatherings, or to pick out street people and induce them to swallow a dram of whatever potion was under review that day.
In late 1953, Gottlieb took his black bag to Europe, where at a political rally he primed the water glass of a speaker whom the CIA wanted to render ridiculous. The psycho-sabotage was apparently a rousing success, and greatly encouraged Gottlieb with the potential for similar dosing of charismatic left figures around the world. Gottlieb then gave the green light for CIA station officers in Manila and Atsugi, Japan, to begin the operational use of LSD.
For continued experimentation, Gottlieb now decided to begin widespread testing on the urban poor: street people, prostitutes and other undesirables. He had two reasons: they were unlikely to complain, and there was, he believed, a higher potential that these people could handle untoward side-effects. To oversee this operation, Gottlieb turned to George Hunter White, whom we last encountered testing the marijuana truth drug on Mafia muscle man Augusto Del Gracio. White had now gone back to work at the Narcotics Bureau in New York. He was a somewhat bizarre-looking figure, 200 pounds, 5-feet-7-inches tall and bald. White claimed he was such an expert in physical combat that he had killed a Japanese agent in a hand-to-hand encounter. He was also a lusty drinker with a preference for straight gin.
Gottlieb asked White to establish a CIA safehouse in New York, invite suitable subjects to party there, drug them covertly and then review their behavior. White rented two adjoining apartments at 81 Bedford Street in Greenwich Village. The cooperation of the Narcotics Bureau was secured by a deal whereby the bureau could use the apartments for drug stings during CIA down time. White was guaranteed an unceasing flow of drink, all of it paid for by Gottlieb. The safehouse became a working lab for the CIA's Technical Services Division, fitted out with two-way mirrors, listening devices and concealed cameras. Indeed, the house became a model for subsequent CIA interrogation facilities.
From the fall of 1953 to the late spring of the following year, White hosted a string of parties, inviting a stream of unsuspecting CIA subjects to Bedford Street, spiking their food and drink with chemicals such as sodium pentothal, Nembutal, THC and, of course, what White referred to as "the LSD surprise." White's immediate supervisor in New York was Richard Lashbrook, the man who shared Frank Olson's room on the latter's last night on earth.
White's diary records that Lashbrook visited the apartment on numerous occasions, delivering drugs and watching the human guinea pigs through the two-way mirror.
Connoisseurs of CIA denials should study Lashbrook's performance in 1977, when he was questioned during Ted Kennedy's senatorial probe. Despite the fact that Kennedy's subcommittee had White's records, which documented Lashbrook's visits to Bedford Street, Lashbrook received no challenge from the subcommittee when he insisted that he had never gone anywhere near the CIA safehouse. And not only did the subcommittee have White's diary, it also had Lashbrook's signature on receipts for White's substantial expenses in New York.
In 1955 the Narcotics Bureau transferred White to San Francisco. This didn't end his role as an agent for MK-ULTRA. He simply continued his researches in Baghdad-by-the-Bay. He rented a new safehouse on Telegraph Hill and had it wired with state-of-the-art equipment from Technical Services. This time White's surveillance post was a small bathroom, with a two-way mirror allowing him to peer into the main room.
White would sit on the lavatory, martini in hand, watching prostitutes give CIA designer drugs to their unsuspecting clients. White called this enterprise Operation Midnight Climax. He assembled a string of whores, many of them black heroin addicts whom he paid in drugs, to lure their clients to the CIA-sponsored drug and sex sessions. The women, who were known by the San Francisco police as George's Girls, were protected from arrest.
To further the scientific work, Gottlieb sent out the Agency's chief psychologist, John Gittinger, to evaluate the prostitutes through personality tests and, since part of the research was to evaluate the use of sex as a means of eliciting information, to instruct the women in interviewing techniques.Unsurprisingly, it was soon discovered that the clients were more likely to talk after sexual activity. The content of their conversations often centered on family and work problems - something the prostitutes probably could have told the CIA without any investment of taxpayer money.
All of these San Francisco sessions were filmed and tape-recorded, in another eerie parallel with Nazi research: Himmler had recommended to the doctors conducting the Dachau experiments in cold water immersion that perhaps the subjects be revived by "animal warmth," meaning sex with prostitutes held in a special building at Dachau. The therapeutic sessions were filmed and passed along for viewing by Himmler.
It wasn't long before the CIA researchers carried their investigations beyond the safehouse on Telegraph Hill. CIA men would often go down to the Tenderloin district, visit bars and slip hallucinogens into patrons' drinks. They would also hand out doctored cigarettes. Hundreds of people were thus unknowingly dosed, and there is no way of knowing how many psychological and physical traumas the CIA was responsible for. The CIA did know of several test victims who took themselves or were taken to hospitals in the San Francisco area. But it never assisted in diagnosis or paid any hospital bills, or in any other way took the slightest responsibility for what it had done. In fact, it was in the Agency's self-interest that these people be diagnosed as drug addicts or as psychotics. Some of the drugs being thus furtively administered were extremely dangerous. One of the men in the CIA's Technical Services Division later told Marks, "If we were scared enough of a drug not to try it on ourselves we sent it to San Francisco."
The CIA men organized a weekend party at another Agency safehouse in Marin County, north of San Francisco. The plan was to invite a crowd of party-goers and then spray the rooms with an aerosol formulation of LSD concocted in Gottlieb's shop. But it turned out to be an exceedingly hot day and the party-goers kept the windows open, allowing breezes off the Pacific to swirl through the room, thus dispersing the LSD. In frustration, Gittinger, the CIA psychologist, locked himself in the bathroom, sprayed furiously and inhaled as deeply as possible.
The LSD safehouse program continued in both New York and San Francisco until 1963, when the CIA's new Inspector General, John Earman, stumbled across the enterprise. Earman was particularly galled by the itemized list of expenses, including $44 for a telescope, $1,000 for a few days of White's liquor bill and $31 to pay off a local lady whose car White had rammed. Earman probed deeper, unearthing what he swiftly concluded was an illegal, indeed criminal, venture. He gathered his findings and confronted Gottlieb and Helms.
Helms knew he was in a spot of trouble. He had not told new agency director John McCone about the program, and he double-crossed Earman on a promise to do so. Eventually Earman wrote a 24-page report for McCone in which he harshly denounced the drug-testing program, which he said "put the rights and interests of all Americans in jeopardy." Helms and Gottlieb fiercely defended MK-ULTRA to McCone, with Helms raising the spectre of a Soviet chemical gap, claiming that widespread testing was necessary to keep pace with Soviet advances. Helms told McCone that "positive operational capacity to use drugs is diminishing owing to a lack of realistic testing."
McCone put a freeze on CIA-sponsored testing at the safe-houses, but they remained open for George White's use - with the CIA paying the bills - until 1966, when White retired. As he headed off toward eventual death from cirrhosis of the liver, White wrote an envoi to his old sponsor Sidney Gottlieb: "I toiled wholeheartedly in the vineyards because it was fun, fun, fun. Where else could a red-blooded American boy lie, kill, cheat, steal, rape and pillage with the sanction and bidding of the All Highest."
Gottlieb's colleagues at Army Intelligence were conducting their own experiments with LSD, called Operation Third Chance. In 1961, James Thornwell, a black US Army sergeant who worked at a NATO office in Orleans, France, came under suspicion of stealing classified documents. He was interrogated, hypnotized, and given a polygraph and truth serum. All these attempts to coerce a confession from him failed, but the Army Intelligence men remained convinced of his guilt. They even concocted a bizarre scenario involving the French police, who pulled over Thornwell's car, drew their guns and opened fire as he sped away.
The officers also told colleagues of Thornwell that the black man had been sleeping with their wives and girlfriends: several of these men beat up Thornwell in a jealous rage. Eventually Thornwell turned to the intelligence officers for help in escaping this harassment. They duly offered to put the sergeant in protective custody in an abandoned millhouse. There Thornwell was secretly given LSD over a period of several days by army and CIA interrogators, during which he was forced to undergo extremely aggressive questioning, replete with racial slurs. At one point his interrogators threatened "to extend the state indefinitely, even to a permanent condition of insanity." They consummated this promise. Thornwell experienced a major mental crisis from which he never recovered. In 1982 he was found drowned in his swimming pool in Maryland. There was never any evidence that Thornwell had anything to do with the missing NATO papers.
MK-ULTRA was never designed to be pure research. It was always intended as an operational program, and by the early 1960s these techniques were being fully deployed in the field, sometimes in situations so vile that they rivaled in evil the efforts of the Nazi scientists in German concentration camps. Well-known is the journey of Dr. Sidney Gottlieb to the Congo, where his little black bag held an Agency-developed biotoxin scheduled for Patrice Lumumba's toothbrush. Less well-known is the handkerchief laced with botulinum that was to sent to an Iraqi colonel. Then there are the endless potions directed at Fidel Castro, from the LSD the Agency wanted to spray in his radio booth to the poisonous fountain pen intended for Castro that was handed by a CIA man to Rolando Cubela in Paris on November 22, 1963.
And even less well remembered is one mission in the Agency's Phoenix operation in Vietnam in the late 1960s. In July 1968 a team of CIA psychologists set up shop at Bien Hoa Prison outside Saigon, where NLF suspects were being held after Phoenix Program round-ups. The CIA had become increasingly frustrated with its inability to break down suspected NLF leaders by using traditional means of interrogation and torture. They had doped up NLF officers with LSD, hoping that by inducing irrational behavior, the seemingly unbreakable solidarity of their captives could be broken and that the other inmates would then begin to talk. These experiments ended in failure, leaving the prisoners to became little more than lab material for experiments.
In one such experiment, three prisoners were anaesthetized; their skulls were then opened and electrodes were implanted by CIA doctors into different parts of their brains. The prisoners were revived, placed in a room with knives and the electrodes in the brains activated by the CIA psychiatrists who were covertly observing them. The hope was that they could be prompted in this manner to attack each other. The experiment failed. The electrodes were removed, the patients were shot and their bodies burned. This rivaled anything in Dachau.
The CIA's drug testing and adventures into mind control became the subject of four ground-breaking book-length investigations: John Marks's The Search for the Manchurian Candidate (1979), Walter Bowart's Operation Mind Control (1978), Alan Scheflin's The Mind Manipulators (1978) and Martin Lee and Bruce Schlain's Acid Dreams (1985). But aside from these pioneering works, how did the American press and historians of the CIA deal with this astonishing saga, in which a man such as Olson lost his life, thousands of people were involuntarily and unknowingly dosed with drugs so dangerous or untested that the CIA's own chemists dared not try them? A story in which for more than twenty years the CIA paid for such illegal activities, protected criminals from arrest, let others suffer without intervention and tried to destroy all evidence of its crimes? When the saga did unfold before the Kennedy hearings in 1977, the Washington Post offered this laconic and dismissive headline, "The Gang that Couldn't Spray Straight," accompanied by a trivial story "designed to downplay the whole MK-ULTRA scandal. Tom Powers, the biographer of MK-ULTRA's patron and protector, Richard Helms, skips over the program in his 350-page book The Man Who Kept the Secrets.
"I thought in 1978 when our books were appearing, when we were doing media work all over the world, that we would finally get the story out, the vaults would be cleansed, the victims would learn their identities, the story would become part of history, and the people who had been injured could seek recompense," recalled Alan Scheflin. "Instead, what happened was the great void. As soon as the story hit the paper it was yesterday's news, and we waited and waited for real congressional hearings and we waited for the lists of people who were victims to be notified. And none of that happened."
This essay is adapted from Whiteout: the CIA, Drugs and the Press.
PedoGate Scandal and Sex Trafficking May Be Connected to Stephen Paddock and the Las Vegas Massacre
Leaving to one side the issue of if this was a psyop or an event exactly as described by the MSM, and the occult elements of the Pyramid, Obelisk, Sphinx and so on...let's focus in on some interesting facts relating to two of the main players.
Stephen Paddock was an IRS agent, then worked for Lockheed Martin and NASA. He was involved in a Jet Propulsion Lab (JPL) team to study spacecraft for Mars missions, working out of the Goddard Space Flight Center in Maryland.
He has not worked since 1988 (1993?) but is worth approximately $5 million. He was a licensed pilot (since 2003) and owned 2 planes. A researcher on Reddit connected the tail number of his aircraft with a Defense contractor in Virginia.
Although his brother said he lived in a $350,000 house in Mesquite, NV, he and his girlfriend Marilou Danley lived together in Reno for at least 2.5 years as recently as July. Neighbors described the couple as recluses who would often leave for 6 months at a time. He had an "enormous" safe in his garage.
Paddock worked for Space Shuttle booster maker Morton-Thiokol a predecessor of Lockheed Martin from 1985 to 1988. Morton-Thiokol's O-ring component on a booster rocket was later found to be at fault for the Space Shuttle Challenger disaster in 1986.
Lockheed Martin are the world's biggest arms dealer, and one of the Podesta Group's biggest clients.
"By far the largest amount of Lockheed Martin’s lobbying budget is paid out to the Podesta Group, the powerful firm headed by the super-lobbyist, Tony Podesta. Lockheed Martin paid the group $550,000 in the years 2014, 2015, and 2016. Most of the issues the Podesta Group advocated for on behalf of Lockheed Martin were defence and aerospace issues."
Paddock was a large gambler, with the highest status at Caesars Entertainment Properties in Las Vegas - Seven Stars Tier Status. He had been gambling with at least $160,000 over the past several weeks in Las Vegas. He had previously sued Las Vegas hotel the Cosmpolitan in 2012, he wanted $100,000 after slipping over.
His girlfriend Marilou Danley, either 55 or 62, is a Philippino. She has 2 different Social Security numbers and was married to two men at the same time - both marriages happened in Clark County, NV. She has lived in multiple addresses at once and filed for bankruptcy in 2012
Her Facebook profile was deleted, but has been recorded here:
She was a 20 year resident of Australia and had lived in Nevada since 2003. Australian media reports claim Marilou Danley as an Australian citizen who lived in the Gold Coast, Queensland; but they also say that she lived in Reno, Nevada for 22 years. How did she get a visa to stay for so long? Her LinkedIn profile claims she was a High Limit Hostess at the Atlantis in Reno from 2010-2013
The name of the club where she worked at the Atlantis is "Club Paradise"
Most of the Las Vegas Strip is in Paradise, Clark County - including the Mandalay Bay, Luxor, Excalibur, and Circus Circus, all owned by Mandalay Resort Group
Stephen Paddock used Marilou Danley's ID to check into his suite at the Mandalay Bay. This seems strange because as a high roller gambling 6-figure amounts, he would have had his suite comped by his casino host.
The woman had attended the Route 91 Harvest event previously, in 2014, staying in the same casino.
"In 2014, Danley checked into the Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino in Las Vegas where Paddock was renting a room before he carried out the shooting. It is believed Danley attended the 2014 version of the same concert where the massacre took place, the Route 91 Harvest country music festival.
The Los Angeles Times spoke to Mesquite locals that knew the pair
Paddock was remembered for being nasty to Danley. "It happened a lot," Esperanza Mendoza, supervisor of a local Starbucks coffee shop in the casino recalled.
Whenever he and Danley came in for coffee she would offer to pay, Mendoza said.
"He would glare down at her and say - with a mean attitude - 'You don't need (a) casino card for this. I'm paying for your drink, just like I'm paying for you.'
In a 2015 divorce she listed a downtown Reno address owned by Stephen Paddock as her home.
Stephen Paddock and Marilou Danley in the Philippines in 2013.
Source: Philippines President Duterte Facebook page
Travel records obtained by ABC News showed that she had traveled to the Philippines initially on September 15, before traveling to Hong Kong on September 22, before finally returning to Manila a week before the massacre. Authorities want to find out the purpose of her travel.
She was conveniently out of the country for 2 weeks in the Philippines at the time of the attacks, and Paddock had just wired $100,000 to the Philippines. What for?
Well, his main company (since 2004) is called PARADISE RANCH 21 LLC. And by amazing coincindence, there happens to be a Paradise Ranch in the Philippines too.
Now, could there possibly be any connection between that Paradise Ranch and the deep state?
Well, it turns out the ranch is right next to the Clark Freeport Zone in Angeles City, a former US Air Force base which has become the epicenter of sex trafficking, interspersed with major semiconductor companies like Texas Instruments - who merged their defense business into Raytheon in 1997.
Source: The Philippine Archipelago, Yves Boquet, page 638
Barack Obama sent a sex trafficking official to praise the Philippines for their co-operation.
A White House official lauded the anti-sex trafficking campaign...and vowed that the United States Government will continue its partnership with government agencies and civil society groups in fighting “modern-day slavery.”
Joshua DuBois, special assistant to US President Barack Obama and executive director of the White House Office of Faith-based and Neighborhood Partnerships, talked with stakeholders of the anti-sex trafficking campaign in Cebu last Thursday..."I want to applaud the government here, the police department, the prosecutors and the NGOs (nongovernment organizations) for the work they are putting in to help (sex trafficking victims)...Our approach as the United States Government is to think about how we can partner with you to continue and to strengthen that work”
In fact it appears that they just made it look like there wasn't any sex trafficking when Obama visited.
The mayor divulged that he had been pressured by numerous high ranking officials, including the US ambassador, to close down all girly bars on the Angeles entertainment strip due to the upcoming meeting of President Noynoy Aquino with US President Barrack Obama in September. The executive order was made in part to increase the Aquino administration's chances of a foreign aid boost in the hundreds of millions from the US.
These outsider critics of the city's redlight district are apparently convinced that it is a source of large-scale human trafficking. Angeles City has been carrying the stigma of being a "sex city" for decades, an image that persists even in the Internet, if one does a quick search online. Human trafficking and child prostitution are by no means a fresh issue for the city's entertainment strip, judging by the numerous online articles claiming that there are tens of thousands of enslaved prostitutes and thousands of child prostitutes on the strip
Their efforts don't seem to have done much, as Angeles City remains the sex-tourism capital of the Philippines. Climate change is now forcing many girls into sex trafficking:
The destination for many of those trafficked out of the Eastern Visayas is Angeles City, the sex-tourism capital of the Philippines about 600 miles to the north. Wendy, 25, who grew up in the Eastern Visayas, worked as a “bar girl” at Club Atlantis on Angeles’ notorious Fields Avenue—a red light district that sprouted to serve men stationed at Clark Air Base, an American base that operated from the early 1900s, when the Philippines was a US colony, until the mid-1990s. Today, Fields is a few blocks lined with bars, neon lights, and foreigners—mostly men from the US, Europe, and Australia—where girls dance on stages in bikinis or less. Customers can buy “ladies’ drinks” to spend time with the girls of their choice, or they can pay a “bar fine” to take a girl out for the night
Another coincidence there - Marilou Danley was the High Roller hostess at Club Paradise at the Atlantis, Paradise Ranch is close (less than ten miles) from a sex trafficking club called Club Atlantis. Atlantis is the biggest and most famous of Clark's notorious showgirl bars, and is next to the main casino.
Notice in the map above that the golf course is just across the river from Paradise Ranch.
“Once populated by men in their early 20s who started each day with 100 push-ups, the place is now home to older men who need help pushing themselves out of bed in the morning. Most are bused up from Manila, an hour away, on golf and sex package deals. This is no quasi-innocent boys' night out. Rather, it's a single-minded realm of weary-looking loners on a resolute hunt that smacks of feeding an addiction. Many are ex-military men reliving former glories, Peter Fonda and Dennis Hopper wannabes, some gathering at the local American Legion post before embarking into the night. [Source: John M. Glionna, Los Angeles Times, August 16, 2009 ***]
If you look at the big group photo above taken in Reno, they are holding some sort of foam glowsticks. The girls in the video above are holding something similar.
Paradise Ranch features some MKULTRA-ish images in their TripAdvisor profile. It has the largest butterfly collection in the Philippines.
Paddock and his friend have seriously dilated pupils in this photo, they look like they are on ecstasy or LSD or something. Note the cartoon characters visible behind them.
The cartoon characters are not quite the same as the Paradise Ranch ones, but they look pretty similar.
This review mentions "super hero characters" around the resort.
"The room and the view is the best part. Though the room wasn't as grand as what you'd expect. Some facilities are bit old. There were some animals in the place. The pool was just fine. Seems like it hasn't been spot cleaned for sometime. There was also a zipline but no operator. Big statues of animals and superhero characters. The views from the place is amazing! One of the bad things though, only one restaurant in the place and it was very expensive. To the extent of portioning your food so that you won't have to buy from the resto anymore. They had rough road parking. The place was remote but even at night, the on-duty guard'll still greet you. Overall, we loved our stay because the place is peaceful and the room was very cozy. Almost feels like home."
This Stephen Paddock unused Twitter account has been taken down, which gives it some legitimacy - though it's hard to tell from the photos if it is the same person. His profile picture shows a tattoo of the Superman symbol on his left arm.
Paradise Ranch is a joint venture with the Philippine Children's Fund of America, a Sacramento, CA charity with an office in Clark Field which looks after some 52,000 children of American fathers abandoned after the closure of US military bases. "Provides transitional home for American children we fly from the Philippines"
Seems like they can scoop kids up from all over the Philippines, and then fly them into the US - perhaps to be connected with their real families, or perhaps to go to people and organizations funding their relocation.
There is not yet any direct link between Paddock, Danley, and Paradise Ranch (Clark Air Force Base). At this stage it is merely a series of coincidences that they are connected to the Philippines, Club Paradise at the Atlantis, Club Atlantis near Paradise Ranch, Paradise Ranch 21 LLC, Paradise NV, Clark County, Clark air base, aviation, the Deep State, and cartoon characters. I hope this trail of breadcrumbs encourages others to dig deeper...
[Update #2 10 October 17]
The Daily Mail reveals that at the time of the attacks, Marilou Danley was visiting her brother in the Philippines - a medicine man, aka Witch Doctor.
He and other members of their family live in Village Park, Dasmarinas, which is about 90 miles from Paradise Ranch. It is less than 25 miles to Resorts World Manila (where the earlier casino mass shooting took place).
[Update #1 5 October 17]
I will add to this post as more research and coincidences come to light. Feel free to share this widely, the truth must come out.
I found a bunch of other MKULTRA-ish photos of Paradise Ranch which are now in the main story.
One gigantic additional coincidence that I learned overnight is that something eerily similar to this attack happened earlier this year, in a casino, in the Philippines, in Manila - on the same island as Paradise Ranch (the Philippines is an archipelago of 7,641 islands). The distance between Paradise Ranch and the Resorts World Casino where the alleged ISIS/lone gunman attack happened is 70 miles by car.
From The Duran:
On the 2nd of June, 2017, the Resorts World casino, hotel and leisure centre in Manila was terrorised by a lone gunman in what many suspected was an ISIS attack. This attack, when accounting for local time-zone differences, occurred exactly four months prior to the recent shooting in Las Vegas.
Early reports from the attack at Resorts World Manila, stated that there were multiple gunmen rampaging throughout the casino floor and into hotel areas. Shortly after the attack, ISIS claimed responsibility. This was not considered unusual, primarily because the attack came shortly after ISIS began waging a proxy war in the southern Philippine city of Marawi. During the chaos, a fire broke out in the casino which feed the narrative that it was a coordinated ISIS attack on the Philippine capital.
Investigations later determined that the lone assailant, a Filipino named Jessie Javier Carlos, acted alone. Furthermore, Carlos was found not to have any links with organised terrorism, but instead had large debts which fed a gambling habit that only aggravated his financial troubles. Carlos who wore a mask and thick black clothing, clearly planned the attack in advance.
Carlos’ killing spree ended up killing 36 people and wounding 70. By contrast, the recent killing spree in Las Vegas committed by Nevada local Stephen Paddock killed at least 59 while wounding over 500.
There are some eerie similarities to the attacks in Manila and Las Vegas. In both cases, local men acted alone in a clearly premeditated attack which took place on the grounds of a hotel/casino. In Manila, the shooting took place partly on the casino floor and into hotel areas and in Las Vegas, the killer fired on his victims at an outdoor music concert from his window in a room at the Mandalay Bay hotel and casino.
In both instances, ISIS claimed responsibility shortly after the attack, although local authorities in both Philippines and now the US, instantly refuted such claims...both killers had a profile which did not match that of a typical young, violent radial ISIS recruit. Instead, both men had decent jobs not long before the incident. Both men had a relatively large gambling habit and in the case of the Vegas shooter, he apparently enjoyed the country and western style music that was being played at the concert whose audience he massacred. Likewise, both men worked in jobs related to the public sector. Carlos was a tax collector in Philippines and Paddock worked for a company that later became Lockheed-Marin, one of America’s biggest defence contractors.
Isis are very active in the Philippines, a few months ago they took over one of the major cities there in an attempt to create an Islamic Caliphate.
Written by Kingzos at Steemit
Declassified Documents Disclose CIA Mind Control Programs
Most people would probably laugh at the idea of government mind control programs, but as the declassified CIA documents we’ll examine here make clear, mind control programs are a real thing in which the U.S government took an active interest, dedicating national resources to their development.
I should warn that the information below is unsettling to say the least. It sheds light on a hypnosis-induced form of mind control that creates assassins and what you might call ‘super spies’ out of ordinary people — people who have no knowledge of what takes place or what they’re forced to do. It also sheds light on a power in the U.S. government so corrupted and evil that it has no problem tricking people into doing awful things that they would’ve never done or supported in their normal waking state. Assassinations, terrorism and ‘sexual favors’ are just a few of many things mind-controlled victims are forced to do.
Like other websites that share this information, I’d recommend countering it with positive, wholesome information; perhaps related to the evolution of the soul or something similar that can remind you that, despite all of the horrific things the government (and the powers behind it) has done, the world is still a good place. You might not think so after reading some of these documents, but the sooner we can expose all of this, the sooner we can bring justice to those responsible and create a better world that works for the people in every way.
Links are provided to scanned images of the original CIA documents. Instructions are also available here to order any of these documents directly from the CIA using the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA). I’ve decided to transcribe the declassified CIA documents instead of paraphrasing them, along with selected analysis from Want To Know. To begin, here is some information from Want to Know about these documents and the continuation of the programs they discuss:
“Though dating from the 1950s and 60s, these revealing documents were not released for decades for reasons of ‘national security.’
“The U.S. government claims mind control experiments are no longer being carried out, yet how can we know? The existence of these programs was denied for decades, and certainly any recent documents would be classified secret under the rubric of ‘national security.’
“A trusted CIA informant I know assures me that these programs are ongoing. These disturbing methods are used by various countries in clandestine operations around the world. Many might prefer not to look at these ugly wounds to the soul of our nation and world. Yet if we avoid or ignore them, they are likely to grow and fester.
“Only by having the courage to look into the shadow parts of our world can we first understand and then work to stop the hidden manipulations and begin to heal these wounds.” (source)
Unwitting Victims of CIA Mind Control ExperimentsThe first document outlines the success of controlling the minds of young women who volunteered for the experiment (not knowing what they got themselves into). They were successfully instructed to relay information and carry out other tasks in an unconscious state.
CIA document and page number: 190684, pp. 1, 4
Title: Outline of Special H Cases
Date: 7 January 1953
Page 1, Page 4
“In a general request for volunteers [deleted names] volunteered for H [hypnosis] experimentation and were originally tested on 21 May 1951. Both girls, at this time, were nineteen years of age.
“These subjects have clearly demonstrated that they can pass from a fully awake state to a deep H controlled state via the telephone, via some very subtle signal that cannot be detected by other persons in the room, and without the other individuals being able to note the change.
“It has been shown clearly that physically individuals can be induced into H by telephone, by receiving written matter, or by the use of code, signal, or words.Control of those hypnotized can be passed from one individual to another without great difficulty.
“It has also been shown by experimentation with these girls that they can act as unwilling couriers for information purposes, and that they can be conditioned to a point where they believe a change in identity on their part even on the polygraph.” (source)
We learn here that there are various ways hypnosis can be induced; via telephone, a certain code or even a certain word. If this doesn’t make it clear that words have a power most people are unaware of, then I don’t know what does.
Admittedly, the power of words isn’t as important here as the fact that they were being used to induce hypnosis and manipulate these young women to do things against their will, as the note under this document snippet from Want to Know explains.
“Want to Know Note: This document shows that CIA experimenters were successful in hypnotizing young women (19 years old in this case) to do things they would not do normally without any memory afterward, sometimes even unwillingly.
“Though they volunteered, these women were thus programmed to be Manchurian Candidates or super spies with no knowledge of what these men were doing to them.” (source)
Before sharing this next snippet, I should note that various forms of abuse are used in mind control programs to fracture the mind and create multiple personalities.
The ‘new’ entering personality carries out assassinations, sexual acts, etc., and the snippet below outlines how electro-shock is used to ‘modify attitudes’ so these malevolent acts can be performed by unwitting suspects.
CIA document and page number: 17395, p. 18
Title: ESP Research
Link to view image of original: Click here
“Learning models will be instituted in which the subject will be rewarded or punished for his overall performance and reinforced in various ways – by being told whether he was right, by being told what the target was, with electric shock etc. … In other cases drugs and psychological tricks will be used to modify his attitudes.
“The experimenters will be particularly interested in disassociative states, from theabaissement de niveau mental to multiple personality in so-called mediums, and an attempt will be made to induce a number of states of this kind, using hypnosis.
Want to Know Note: “This document provides proof that the CIA was using drugs and electric shock in attempting to induce MPD (multiple personality disorder). Though this document uses the masculine ‘he’ to describe the subject, other documents show that most of the subjects used were young women who volunteered.
“The subjects were not informed about the deeper aspects and implications for which they were being trained. If you view the original [document], you will also find interesting information on ESP experiments.” (source)
The fact that the test subjects, usually young women, were unwitting victims of these experiments is perhaps the worst part of it. This is a blatant violation of their freewill, and you don’t need insider testimony to know that the same things are happening today (or worse).
These documents come from the 50s and 60s; can you imagine how much progress they’ve made in inducing multiple personalities through abuse, trauma and certain words or signals since then?
Mind Controlled ‘Super Spies’In a disturbing document, we learn how mind controlled ‘super spies’ were trained to kill against their will. The test subject in this case was afraid of guns and totally unwilling to pick one up in her normal waking state, but in her hypnotized state she was perfectly capable of picking it up and firing.
CIA document and page number: 190691, p. 1, 2
Title: Hypnotic Experimentation and Research
Date: 10 February 1954
Link to view image of original: Page 1, Page 2
“A posthypnotic of the night before (pointed finger, you will sleep) was enacted. Misses [deleted] and [deleted] immediately progressed to a deep hypnotic state with no further suggestion.
“Miss [deleted] was then instructed (having previously expressed a fear of firearms in any fashion) that she would use every method at her disposal to awaken miss [deleted] (now in a deep hypnotic sleep), and failing this, she would pick up a pistol nearby and fire it at Miss [deleted].
“She was instructed that her rage would be so great that she would not hesitate to ‘kill’ [deleted] for failing to awaken.
“Miss [deleted] carried out these suggestions to the letter including firing the (unloaded pneumatic pistol) gun at [deleted] and then proceeding to fall into a deep sleep. After proper suggestions were made, both were awakened and expressed complete amnesia for the entire sequence.
“Miss [deleted] was again handed the gun, which she refused (in an awakened state) to pick up or accept from the operator. She expressed absolute denial that the foregoing sequence had happened.” (source)
The young woman given the gun then expressed her reluctance to continue the experiment. In response, those overseeing the experiment lulled her back into a hypnotic, submissive state and continued on. They wrote that she would improve with proper training.
“Miss [deleted] felt reluctant about participating further since she expressed her doubt as to any useful purpose in further attendance. The Operator thereupon proceeded in full view of all other subjects to explain to Miss [deleted] that he planned to induce a deep state of hypnosis now. The reaction was as had been expected.
“Miss [deleted] excused herself to make a telephone call (defense mechanism?). Upon her return a very positive approach was adopted by the operator whereupon a deeper, much deeper state of hypnosis was obtained.
“Immediately a posthypnotic was induced that when the operator accidently dropped a steel ball in his hand to the floor … Miss [deleted] would again go into hypnosis. Miss [deleted] then advised that she must conclude her work for the evening.
“She arose to adjust her hair before the mirror. The ball was dropped and she promptly slumped back into the chair and back into hypnosis. It is the opinion of the operator the Miss [deleted] if properly trained (positive approach) will continue to improve.” (source)
This became less of a volunteered role and more of a role forced onto the test subjects, as outlined by the fact that the young woman who wanted to leave was hypnotized and forced to continue.
Want to Know Note: “Here we have proof that these women could be converted into unsuspecting and even unwilling assassins. They could be programmed to assassinate anyone and would do so without any conscious knowledge afterward.
“Note also the questionable status of ‘volunteer’ implied. Though these women originally volunteered, unwillingness to continue could be manipulated by the men running the program.” (source)
Sleep Induced TerrorismThe next document is long, so I’ll break it up into segments. It describes the process of hypnotizing two young women, instructing one to receive a bomb and learn how to activate it and the other to give the bomb and the instructions how to activate it. This is, of course, not something either woman would ever ordinarily do.
CIA document and page number: 190527, pp. 1, 2
Title: SI and H Experimentation
Date: 25 September 1951
Link to view images of original: Page 1, Page 2
Note: SI stands for sleep induction and H for hypnosis
“Prior to actually beginning the more complex experiments, several simple post H were worked with both of the girls participating.
“The first major experiment of the evening was set up as follows without previous explanation to either [deleted] or [deleted]. Both subjects were placed in a very deep trance state and while in this state, the following instructions were given:
(A) “[Deleted] was instructed that when she awakened, she was to procede to [deleted] room. She was told that while there, she would receive a telephone call from an individual whom she would know only as ‘Joe’.
“This individual would engage her in a normal telephone conversation. During this conversation, this individual would give her a code word and upon mentioning the code word, [deleted] would go into a deep SI [sleep induction] trance state, but would be ‘normal’ in appearance with her eyes open.
“[Deleted] was then told that upon the conclusion of the telephone conversation, she would proceed to the ladies room where she would meet a girl who was unknown to her.
“She was told that she would strike up a conversation with this girl and during the conversation she would mention the code word ‘New York’ to this other girl, who, in turn, would give her a device and further instructions which were to be carried out by [deleted].
“She was told that after she carried out the instructions, she was to return to the Operations Room, sit in the sofa and go immediately into a deep sleep.” (source)
The document then outlines the instructions given to the girl in possession of the bomb.
“[Deleted] was instructed that upon awakening, she would proceed to [deleted] room where she would wait at the desk for a telephone call. Upon receiving the call, a person known as ‘Jim’ would engage her in normal conversation.
“During the course of the conversation, this individual would mention a code word to [deleted]. When she heard this code word, she would pass into a SI trance state, but would not close her eyes and remain perfectly normal and continue the telephone conversation.
“She was told that upon conclusion of the telephone conversation, she would then carry out the following instructions:
“[Deleted] being in a complete SI state at this time, was then told to open her eyes and was shown an electric timing device. She was informed that this timing device was an incendiary bomb and was then instructed how to attach and set the device.
“After [deleted] had indicated that she had learned how to set and attach the device, she was told to return to a sleep state and further instructed that upon concluding the aforementioned conversation, she would take the timing device which was in a briefcase and proceed to the ladies room.
“In the ladies room, she would be met by a girl whom she had never seen who would identify herself by the code word ‘New York.’
“[Deleted] was then to show this individual how to attach and set the timing device and further instructions would be given the individual by [deleted] that the timing device was to be carried in the briefcase to [deleted] room, placed in the nearest empty electric-light plug and concealed in the bottom, left-hand drawer of [deleted] desk, with the device set for 82 seconds and turned on.” (source)
Both of the girls were instructed to return to their rooms and go into a ‘deep sleep’ when they completed their tasks.
“[Deleted] was further instructed to tell this other girl that as soon as the device had been set and turned on, she was to take the briefcase, leave [deleted] room, go to the operations room and go to the sofa and enter a deep sleep state.
“[Deleted] was further instructed that after completion of instructing the other girl and the transferring to the other girl of the incendiary bomb, she was to return at once to the operations room, sit on the sofa, and go into a deep sleep state.” (source)
The plan had to be changed a little, but overall, the women did exactly what they were instructed to do with no difficulty.
“For a matter of record, immediately after the operation was begun it was noted that a member of the charforce was cleaning the floor in the ladies room and subsequently, both [deleted] and [deleted] had to be placed … once again in a trance state and instructions changed from the ladies room to Room 3.
“It should be noted that even with the change of locale in the transfer point, the experiment was carried off perfectly without any difficulty or hesitation on the part of either of the girls.
“Each girl acted out their part perfectly, the device was planted and set as directed and both girls returned to the operations room, sat on the sofa and entered a deep sleep state. Throughout, their movements were easy and natural.” (source)
Hypnotism as a Means of AbuseWant to Know poses an important question: If these young women could be instructed to do just about anything in an unconscious state, could they not be taken advantage of sexually?
Want to Know Note: “You will note the frequent use of ‘girls’ (young women) in these programs. Do you think the men in charge, having complete hypnotic control of these women, might have at times taken advantage of them sexually? Yet this would never enter the official documentation, with the one major exception below.” (source)
Unfortunately, the answer is yes; this has happened and the document below proves it.
“CIA document and page number: 140393, p. 1
Date: 9 July 1951
Link to view image of original: Click here
“On 2 July 1951 approximately 1:00 p.m. the instruction began with [deleted] relating to the student some of his sexual experiences. [Deleted] stated that he had constantly used hypnotism as a means of inducing young girls to engage in sexual intercourse with him.
“[Deleted], a performer in [deleted] orchestra, was forced to engage in sexual intercourse with [deleted] while under the influence of hypnotism. [Deleted] stated that he first put her into a hypnotic trance and then suggested to her that he was her husband and that she desired sexual intercourse with him.
Want to Know Note: “This document shows that an instructor being used by the CIA took advantage of his skill in hypnosis to sexually abuse young women without their having any knowledge of being abused. How many CIA hypnotists did likewise?
“Do you think a man involved in these programs might take advantage of a beautiful, young woman knowing she would not remember afterward?
“Note that for some reason this document is not available in the CIA’s three CD set and must be ordered individually at this link. See the What You Can Dosection … for suggestions on how we can stop this abuse.” (source)
Final ThoughtsIt’s understandable to feel overwhelmed by all of this information. It might make you question how there can be such a level of evil lurking within institutions that seem to control everything, and the more you think about it, the more obvious it will become. Then, you might wonder how the masses let it get this way.
Unfortunately, it’s here and it isn’t going anywhere unless we stand up to it. It’s maintained through secrecy, and while most of us are generally aware that the government, big banks and other large corporations work against us (while surviving off what we give them), we have no idea how deep the rabbit hole goes.
I’m sure mind control is only the tip of the iceberg, and these documents shed light on something we already know; the powers that be, which would rather control us and use us for war than help us prosper, are not our friends.
They have no interest in helping the world, and they use us in secretive and sometime horrific ways to get what they want. They thrive from our ignorance and unwillingness to talk about any of this, because we allow what they’re doing to continue by turning a blind eye.
I know this stuff is hard to read and it’s not as fun to think about as spirituality, higher dimensions or the evolution of the soul, but we have to accept this reality before we can change it to match the vision in our minds and hearts.
I have the same utopian vision of a planet free from social, environmental and spiritual pollution as many in the conscious community, but we have to focus on what needs to change before we can make the vision come true.
We can make the vision of an enlightened new age in human history a reality, but we have to be real about what’s preventing it and work as actively to stop all of it as we do to evolve spiritually.
We can’t focus on enlightenment or utopia while darkness and suffering thrive, and we have to expose and get rid of the bad before we can enjoy the good. We can only spread the light by diving headfirst into the darkness and reaching out a hand for those who are lost.
There are about six more documents I didn’t include in this report, and if you’re interested in educating yourself and raising awareness, I recommend reading the rest of them at Want to Know (link below in footnotes). As long as you can handle an uncomfortable truth, you can bring awareness to it and inspire revolution.
If we don’t do it, nobody will. Too many people are unwilling to explore topics that take them out of their comfort zone, but in this case, complacency will cause our demise whereas education and enlightenment will liberate us (and the planet) from mind control and certain destruction.
What you can do:
The CIA & The Media: 50 facts The World Should Know
James F. Tracy is a PhD from the University of Iowa. A former professor of communications at Boca Raton, Florida Atlantic University. He is one of many critical thinkers within the world of academia, and as result of presenting the following information that might spark some cognitive dissonance, he has been singled out due to his activism efforts.
For example, he was fired from his tenured professorship at Florida Atlantic University for questioning official narratives of terror events. Now, his Blog has been taken down by WordPress with no clear explanation.
You can listen to what he has to say on the matter here.
You can support the James Tracy Legal Defense Fund, and find out about what is going on with him at the moment HERE. He made national headlines, as many academics who are not afraid to stand up for truth do, in an attempt to ridicule them.
He is well researched, and now reports on several different matters of escalating importance. Below is an article he wrote in August of 2015, and is relevant today given all of the “fake news” campaigns that have been directed against alternative media.
Since the end of World War Two the Central Intelligence Agency has been a major force in US and foreign news media, exerting considerable influence over what the public sees, hears and reads on a regular basis. CIA publicists and journalists alike will assert they have few, if any, relationships, yet the seldom acknowledged history of their intimate collaboration indicates a far different story–indeed, one that media historians are reluctant to examine.
When seriously practiced, the journalistic profession involves gathering information concerning individuals, locales, events, and issues. In theory such information informs people about their world, thereby strengthening “democracy.” This is exactly the reason why news organizations and individual journalists are tapped as assets by intelligence agencies and, as the experiences of German journalist Udo Ulfkotte (entry 47 below) suggest, this practice is at least as widespread today as it was at the height of the Cold War.
Consider the coverups of election fraud in 2000 and 2004, the events of September 11, 2001, the invasions Afghanistan and Iraq, the destabilization of Syria, and the creation of “ISIS.” These are among the most significant events in recent world history, and yet they are also those much of the American public is wholly ignorant of. In an era where information and communication technologies are ubiquitous, prompting many to harbor the illusion of being well-informed, one must ask why this condition persists.
Further, why do prominent US journalists routinely fail to question other deep events that shape America’s tragic history over the past half century, such as the political assassinations of the 1960s, or the central role played by the CIA major role in international drug trafficking?
Popular and academic commentators have suggested various reasons for the almost universal failure of mainstream journalism in these areas, including newsroom sociology, advertising pressure, monopoly ownership, news organizations’ heavy reliance on “official” sources, and journalists’ simple quest for career advancement. There is also, no doubt, the influence of professional public relations maneuvers. Yet such a broad conspiracy of silence suggests another province of deception examined far too infrequently—specifically the CIA and similar intelligence agencies’ continued involvement in the news media to mold thought and opinion in ways scarcely imagined by the lay public.
The following historical and contemporary facts–by no means exhaustive–provides a glimpse of how the power such entities possess to influence if not determine popular memory and what respectable institutions deem to be the historical record.
1. The CIA’s Operation MOCKINGBIRD is a long-recognised keystone among researchers pointing to the Agency’s clear interest in and relationship to major US news media. MOCKINGBIRD grew out of the CIA’s forerunner, the Office for Strategic Services (OSS, 1942-47), which during World War Two had established a network of journalists and psychological warfare experts operating primarily in the European theatre.
2. Many of the relationships forged under OSS auspices were carried over into the postwar era through a State Department-run organization called the Office of Policy Coordination (OPC) overseen by OSS staffer Frank Wisner.
3. The OPC “became the fastest-growing unit within the nascent CIA,” historian Lisa Pease observes, “rising in personnel from 302 in 1949 to 2,812 in 1952, along with 3,142 overseas contract personnel. In the same period, the budget rose from $4.7 million to $82 million.” Lisa Pease, “The Media and the Assassination,” in James DiEugenio and Lisa Pease, The Assassinations: Probe Magazine on JFK, MLK, RFK and Malcolm X, Port Townsend, WA, 2003, 300.
4. Like many career CIA officers, eventual CIA Director/Director of Central Intelligence (DCI) Richard Helms was recruited out of the press corps by his own supervisor at the United Press International’s Berlin Bureau to join in the OSS’s fledgling “black propaganda” program. “‘[Y]ou’re a natural,” Helms’ boss remarked. Richard Helms, A Look Over My Shoulder: A Life in the Central Intelligence Agency, New York: Random House, 2003, 30-31.
5. Wisner tapped Marshall Plan funds to pay for his division’s early exploits, money his branch referred to as “candy.” “We couldn’t spend it all,” CIA agent Gilbert Greenway recalls. “I remember once meeting with Wisner and the comptroller. My God, I said, how can we spend that? There were no limits, and nobody had to account for it. It was amazing.” Frances Stonor Saunders, The Cultural Cold War: The CIA and the World of Arts and Letters, New York: The New Press, 2000, 105.
6. When the OPC was merged with the Office of Special Operations in 1948 to create the CIA, OPC’s media assets were likewise absorbed.
7. Wisner maintained the top secret “Propaganda Assets Inventory,” better known as “Wisner’s Wurlitzer”—a virtual rolodex of over 800 news and information entities prepared to play whatever tune Wisner chose. “The network included journalists, columnists, book publishers, editors, entire organizations such as Radio Free Europe, and stringers across multiple news organizations.” Pease, “The Media and the Assassination,” 300.
8. A few years after Wisner’s operation was up-and-running he “’owned’ respected members of the New York Times, Newsweek, CBS, and other communication vehicles, plus stringers, four to six hundred in all, according to a CIA analyst. Each one was a separate ‘operation,’” investigative journalist Deborah Davis notes, “requiring a code name, a field supervisor, and a field office, at an annual cost of tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars—there has never been an accurate accounting.” Deborah Davis, Katharine the Great: Katharine Graham and theWashington Post, Second Edition, Bethesda MD: National Press Inc, 1987, 139.
9. Psychological operations in the form of journalism were perceived as necessary to influence and direct mass opinion, as well as elite perspectives. “[T]he President of the United States, the Secretary of State, Congressmen and even the Director of the CIA himself will read, believe, and be impressed by a report from Cy Sulzberger, Arnaud de Borchgrave, or Stewart Alsop when they don’t even bother to read a CIA report on the same subject,” noted CIA agent Miles Copeland. Cited in Pease, “The Media and the Assassination,” 301.
10. By the mid-to-late 1950s, Darrell Garwood points out, the Agency sought to limit criticism directed against covert activity and bypass congressional oversight or potential judicial interference by “infiltrat[ing] the groves of academia, the missionary corps, the editorial boards of influential journal and book publishers, and any other quarters where public attitudes could be effectively influenced.” Darrell Garwood, Under Cover: Thirty-Five Years of CIA Deception, New York: Grove Press, 1985, 250.
11. The CIA frequently intercedes in editorial decision-making. For example, when the Agency proceeded to wage an overthrow of the Arbenz regime in Guatemala in 1954, Allen and John Foster Dulles, President Eisenhower’s Secretary of State and CIA Director respectively, called upon New York Times publisher Arthur Hays Sulzberger to reassign reporter Sydney Gruson from Guatemala to Mexico City. Sulzberger thus placed Gruson in Mexico City with the rationale that some repercussions from the revolution might be felt in Mexico. Pease, “The Media and the Assassination,” 302.
Inspiration and all our best content, straight to your inbox.12. Since the early 1950s the CIA “has secretly bankrolled numerous foreign press services, periodicals and newspapers—both English and foreign language—which provided excellent cover for CIA operatives,” Carl Bernstein reported in 1977. “One such publication was the Rome Daily American, forty percent of which was owned by the CIA until the 1970s.” Carl Bernstein, “The CIA and the Media,” Rolling Stone, October 20, 1977.
13. The CIA exercised informal liaisons with news media executives, in contrast to its relationships with salaried reporters and stringers, “who were much more subject to direction from the Agency” according to Bernstein. “A few executives—Arthur Hays Sulzberger of the New York Times among them—signed secrecy agreements. But such formal understandings were rare: relationships between Agency officials and media executives were usually social—’The P and Q Street axis in Georgetown,’ said one source. ‘You don’t tell William Paley to sign a piece of paper saying he won’t fink.’” Director of CBS William Paley’s personal “friendship with CIA Director Dulles is now known to have been one of the most influential and significant in the communications industry,” author Debora Davis explains. “He provided cover for CIA agents, supplied out-takes of news film, permitted the debriefing of reporters, and in many ways set the standard for the cooperation between the CIA and major broadcast companies which lasted until the mid-1970s.” Deborah Davis, Katharine the Great: Katharine Graham and the Washington Post, Second Edition, Bethesda MD: National Press Inc, 1987, 175.
14. “The Agency’s relationship with the Times was by far its most valuable among newspapers, according to CIA officials,” Bernstein points out in his key 1977 article. “From 1950 to 1966, about ten CIA employees were provided Times cover under arrangements approved by the newspaper’s late publisher, Arthur Hays Sulzberger. The cover arrangements were part of a general Times policy—set by Sulzberger—to provide assistance to the CIA whenever possible.” In addition, Sulzberger was a close friend of CIA Director Allen Dulles. “’At that level of contact it was the mighty talking to the mighty,’ said a high‑level CIA official who was present at some of the discussions. ‘There was an agreement in principle that, yes indeed, we would help each other. The question of cover came up on several occasions. It was agreed that the actual arrangements would be handled by subordinates…. The mighty didn’t want to know the specifics; they wanted plausible deniability.’” Bernstein, “The CIA and the Media.”
15. CBS’s Paley worked reciprocally with the CIA, allowing the Agency to utilize network resources and personnel. “It was a form of assistance that a number of wealthy persons are now generally known to have rendered the CIA through their private interests,” veteran broadcast journalist Daniel Schorr wrote in 1977. “It suggested to me, however, that a relationship of confidence and trust had existed between him and the agency.” Schorr points to “clues indicating that CBS had been infiltrated.” For example, “A news editor remembered the CIA officer who used to come to the radio control room in New York in the early morning, and, with the permission of persons unknown, listened to CBS correspondents around the world recording their ‘spots’ for the ‘World News Roundup’ and discussing events with the editor on duty. Sam Jaffe claimed that when he applied in 1955 for a job with CBS, a CIA officer told him that he would be hired–which he subsequently was. He was told that he would be sent to Moscow–which he subsequently was; he was assigned in 1960 to cover the trial of U-2 pilot Francis Gary Powers. [Richard] Salant told me,” Schorr continues, “that when he first became president of CBS News in 1961, a CIA case officer called saying he wanted to continue the ‘long standing relationship known to Paley and [CBS president Frank] Stanton, but Salant was told by Stanton there was no obligation that he knew of” (276). Schorr, Daniel. Clearing the Air, Boston: Houghton Mifflin, 1977, 277, 276.
16. National Enquirer publisher Gene Pope Jr. worked briefly on the CIA’s Italy desk in the early 1950s and maintained close ties with the Agency thereafter. Pope refrained from publishing dozens of stories with “details of CIA kidnappings and murders, enough stuff for a year’s worth of headlines” in order to “collect chits, IOUs,” Pope’s son writes. “He figured he’d never know when he might need them, and those IOUs would come in handy when he got to 20 million circulation. When that happened, he’d have the voice to be almost his own branch of government and would need the cover.” Paul David Pope, The Deeds of My Fathers: How My Grandfather and Father Built New York and Created the Tabloid World of Today, New York: Phillip Turner/Rowman & Littlefield, 2010, 309,
17. One explosive story Pope’s National Enquirer‘s refrained from publishing in the late 1970s centered on excerpts from a long-sought after diary of President Kennedy’s lover, Mary Pinchot Meyer, who was murdered on October 12, 1964. “The reporters who wrote the story were even able to place James Jesus Angleton, the CIA’s head of counterintelligence operations, at the scene.” Another potential story drew on “documents proving that [Howard] Hughes and the CIA had been connected for years and that the CIA was giving Hughes money to secretly fund, with campaign donations, twenty-seven congressmen and senators who sat on sub-committees critical to the agency. There are also fifty-three international companies named and sourced as CIA fronts .. and even a list of reporters for mainstream media organizations who were playing ball with the agency.” Pope, The Deeds of My Fathers, 309.
18. Angleton, who oversaw the Agency counterintelligence branch for 25 years, “ran a completely independent group entirely separate cadre of journalist‑operatives who performed sensitive and frequently dangerous assignments; little is known about this group for the simple reason that Angleton deliberately kept only the vaguest of files.” Bernstein, “The CIA and the Media.”
19. The CIA conducted a “formal training program” during the 1950s for the sole purpose of instructing its agents to function as newsmen. “Intelligence officers were ‘taught to make noises like reporters,’ explained a high CIA official, and were then placed in major news organizations with help from management. These were the guys who went through the ranks and were told ‘You’re going to he a journalist,’” the CIA official said.” The Agency’s preference, however, was to engage journalists who were already established in the industry. Bernstein, “The CIA and the Media.”
20. Newspaper columnists and broadcast journalists with household names have been known to maintain close ties with the Agency. “There are perhaps a dozen well known columnists and broadcast commentators whose relationships with the CIA go far beyond those normally maintained between reporters and their sources,” Bernstein maintains. “They are referred to at the Agency as ‘known assets’ and can be counted on to perform a variety of undercover tasks; they are considered receptive to the Agency’s point of view on various subjects.” Bernstein, “The CIA and the Media.”
21. Frank Wisner, Allen Dulles, and Washington Post publisher Phillip Graham were close associates, and the Post developed into one of the most influential news organs in the United States due to its ties with the CIA. The Post managers’ “individual relations with intelligence had in fact been the reason the Post Company had grown as fast as it did after the war,” Davis (172) observes. “[T]heir secrets were its corporate secrets, beginning with MOCKINGBIRD. Phillip Graham’s commitment to intelligence had given his friends Frank Wisner an interest in helping to make the Washington Post the dominant news vehicle in Washington, which they had done by assisting with its two most crucial acquisitions, the Times-Herald and WTOP radio and television stations.” Davis, Katharine the Great: Katharine Graham and theWashington Post, 172.
22. In the wake of World War One the Woodrow Wilson administration placed journalist and author Walter Lippmann in charge of recruiting agents for the Inquiry, a first-of-its-kind ultra-secret civilian intelligence organization whose role involved ascertaining information to prepare Wilson for the peace negotiations, as well as identify foreign natural resources for Wall Street speculators and oil companies. The activities of this organization served as a prototype for the function eventually performed by the CIA, namely “planning, collecting, digesting, and editing the raw data,” notes historian Servando Gonzalez. “This roughly corresponds to the CIA’s intelligence cycle: planning and direction, collection, processing, production and analysis, and dissemination.” Most Inquiry members would later become members of the Council on Foreign Relations. Lippmann would go on to become the Washington Post’s best known columnists. Servando Gonzalez, Psychological Warfare and the New World Order: The Secret War Against the American People, Oakland, CA: Spooks Books, 2010, 50.
23. The two most prominent US newsweeklies, Time and Newsweek, kept close ties with the CIA. “Agency files contain written agreements with former foreign correspondents and stringers for both the weekly newsmagazines,” according to Carl Bernstein. “Allen Dulles often interceded with his good friend, the late Henry Luce, founder of Time and Life magazines, who readily allowed certain members of his staff to work for the Agency and agreed to provide jobs and credentials for other CIA operatives who lacked journalistic experience.” Bernstein, “The CIA and the Media.”
24. In his autobiography former CIA officer E. Howard Hunt quotes Bernstein’s “The CIA and the Media” article at length. “I know nothing to contradict this report,” Hunt declares, suggesting the investigative journalist of Watergate fame didn’t go far enough. “Bernstein further identified some of the country’s top media executives as being valuable assets to the agency … But the list of organizations that cooperated with the agency was a veritable ‘Who’s Who’ of the media industry, including ABC, NBC, the Associated Press, UPI, Reuters, Hearst Newspapers, Scripps-Howard, Newsweek magazine, and others.” E. Howard Hunt, American Spy: My Secret History in the CIA, Watergate, and Beyond, Hoboken NJ: John Wiley & Sons, 2007, 150.
25. When the first major exposé of the CIA emerged in 1964 with the publication of The Invisible Government by journalists David Wise and Thomas B. Ross, the CIA considered purchasing the entire printing to keep the book from the public, yet in the end judged against it. “To an extent that is only beginning to be perceived, this shadow government is shaping the lives of 190,000,000 Americans” authors Wise and Ross write in the book’s preamble. “Major decisions involving peace and war are taking place out of public view. An informed citizen might come to suspect that the foreign policy of the United States often works publicly in one direction and secretly through the Invisible Government in just the opposite direction.”Lisa Pease, “When the CIA’s Empire Struck Back,” Consortiumnews.com, February 6, 2014.
26. Agency infiltration of the news media shaped public perception of deep events and undergirded the official explanations of such events. For example, the Warren Commission’s report on President John F. Kennedy’s assassination was met with almost unanimous approval by US media outlets. “I have never seen an official report greeted with such universal praise as that accorded the Warren Commission’s findings when they were made public on September 24, 1964,” recalls investigative reporter Fred Cook. “All the major television networks devoted special programs and analyses to the report; the next day the newspapers ran long columns detailing its findings, accompanied by special news analyses and editorials. The verdict was unanimous. The report answered all questions, left no room for doubt. Lee Harvey Oswald, alone and unaided, had assassinated the president of the United States.” Fred J. Cook, Maverick: Fifty Years of Investigative Reporting, G.P. Putnam’s Sons, 1984, 276.
27. In late 1966 the New York Times began an inquiry on the numerous questions surrounding President Kennedy’s assassination that were not satisfactorily dealt with by the Warren Commission. “It was never completed,” author Jerry Policoff observes, “nor would the New York Times ever again question the findings of the Warren Commission.” When the story was being developed the lead reporter at the Times‘ Houston bureau “said that he and others came up with ‘a lot of unanswered questions’ that the Times didn’t bother to pursue. ‘I’d be off on a good lead and then somebody’d call me off and send me out to California on another story or something. We never really detached anyone for this. We weren’t really serious.’” Jerry Policoff, “The Media and the Murder of John Kennedy,” in Peter Dale Scott, Paul L. Hoch and Russell Stetler, eds., The Assassinations: Dallas and Beyond, New York: Vintage, 1976, 265.
28. When New Orleans District Attorney Jim Garrison embarked on an investigation of the JFK assassination in 1966 centering on Lee Harvey Oswald’s presence in New Orleans in the months leading up to November, 22, 1963, “he was cross-whipped with two hurricane blasts, one from Washington and one from New York,” historian James DiEugenio explains. The first, of course, was from the government, specifically the Central Intelligence Agency, the FBI, and to a lesser extent, the White House. The blast from New York was from the major mainstream media e.g. Time-Life and NBC. Those two communication giants were instrumental in making Garrison into a lightening rod for ridicule and criticism. This orchestrated campaign … was successful in diverting attention from what Garrison was uncovering by creating controversy about the DA himself.” DiEugenio, Preface, in William Davy,Let Justice Be Done: New Light on the Jim Garrison Investigation, Reston VA: Jordan Publishing, 1999.
29. The CIA and other US intelligence agencies used the news media to sabotage Garrison’s 1966-69 independent investigation of the Kennedy assassination. Garrison presided over the only law enforcement agency with subpoena power to seriously delve into the intricate details surrounding JFK’s murder. One of Garrison’s key witnesses, Gordon Novel, fled New Orleans to avoid testifying before the Grand Jury assembled by Garrison. According to DiEugenio, CIA Director Allen “Dulles and the Agency would begin to connect the fugitive from New Orleans with over a dozen CIA friendly journalists who—in a blatant attempt to destroy Garrison’s reputation—would proceed to write up the most outrageous stories imaginable about the DA.” James DiEugenio, Destiny Betrayed: JFK, Cuba, and The Garrison Case, Second Edition, New York: SkyHorse Publishing, 2012, 235.
30. CIA officer Victor Marchetti recounted to author William Davy that in 1967 while attending staff meetings as an assistant to then-CIA Director Richard Helms, “Helms expressed great concerns over [former OSS officer, CIA operative and primary suspect in Jim Garrison’s investigation Clay] Shaw’s predicament, asking his staff, ‘Are we giving them all the help we can down there?’” William Davy, Let Justice Be Done: New Light on the Jim Garrison Investigation, Reston VA: Jordan Publishing, 1999.
31. The pejorative dimensions of the term “conspiracy theory” were introduced into the Western lexicon by CIA “media assets,” as evidenced in the design laid out by Document 1035-960 Concerning Criticism of the Warren Report, an Agency communiqué issued in early 1967 to Agency bureaus throughout the world at a time when attorney Mark Lane’s Rush to Judgment was atop bestseller lists and New Orleans DA Garrison’s investigation of the Kennedy assassination began to gain traction.
32. Time had close relations with the CIA stemming from the friendship of the magazine’s publisher Henry Luce and Eisenhower CIA chief Allen Dulles. When former newsman Richard Helms was appointed DCI in 1966 he “began to cultivate the press,” prompting journalists toward conclusions that placed the Agency in a positive light. As Time Washington correspondent Hugh Sidney recollects, “‘[w]ith [John] McCone and [Richard] Helms, we had a set-up when the magazine was doing something on the CIA, we went to them and put it before them … We were never misled.’ Similarly, when Newsweek decided in the fall of 1971 to do a cover story on Richard Helms and ‘The New Espionage,’ the magazine, according to a Newsweek staffer, went directly to the agency for much of the information. And the article … generally reflected the line that Helms was trying so hard to sell: that since the latter 1960s … the focus of attention and prestige within CIA’ had switched from the Clandestine Services to the analysis of intelligence, and that ‘the vast majority of recruits are bound for’ the Intelligence Directorate.” Victor Marchetti and John D. Marks, The CIA and the Cult of Intelligence, New York: Alfred A. Knopf, 1974, 362-363.
33. In 1970 Jim Garrison wrote and published the semi-autobiographical A Heritage of Stone, a work that examines how the New Orleans DA “discovered that the CIA operated within the borders of the United States, and how it took the CIA six months to reply to the Warren Commission’s question of whether Oswald and [Jack] Ruby had been with the Agency,” Garrison biographer and Temple University humanities professor Joan Mellen observes. “In response to A Heritage of Stone, the CIA rounded up its media assets” and the book was panned by reviewers writing for the New York Times, the Los Angeles Times, the Washington Post, the Chicago Sun Times, and Life magazine. “John Leonard’s New York Times review went through a metamorphosis,” Mellen explains. “The original last paragraph challenged the Warren Report: ‘Something stinks about this whole affair,’ Leonard wrote. ‘Why were Kennedy’s neck organs not examined at Bethesda for evidence of a frontal shot? Why was his body whisked away to Washington before the legally required Texas inquest? Why?’ This paragraph evaporated in later editions of the Times. A third of a column gone, the review then ended: ‘Frankly I prefer to believe that the Warren Commission did a poor job, rather than a dishonest one. I like to think that Garrison invents monsters to explain incompetence.’” Joan Mellen, A Farewell to Justice: Jim Garrison, JFK’s Assassination, and the Case That Should Have Changed History, Washington DC: Potomac Books, 2005, 323, 324.
34. CIA Deputy Director for Plans Cord Meyer Jr. appealed to Harper & Row president emeritus Cass Canfield Sr. over the book publisher’s pending release of Alfred McCoy’s The Politics of Heroin in Southeast Asia, based on the author’s fieldwork and Yale PhD dissertation wherein he examined the CIA’s explicit role in the opium trade. “Claiming my book was a threat to national security,” McCoy recalls, “the CIA official had asked Harper & Row to suppress it. To his credit, Mr. Canfield had refused. But he had agreed to review the manuscript prior to publication.” Alfred W. McCoy, The Politics of Heroin: CIA Complicity in the Global Drug Trade, Chicago Review Press, 2003, xx.
35. Publication of The Secret Team, a book by US Air Force Colonel and Pentagon-CIA liaison L. Fletcher Prouty recounting the author’s firsthand knowledge of CIA black operations and espionage, was met with a wide scale censorship campaign in 1972. “The campaign to kill the book was nationwide and world-wide,” Prouty notes. “It was removed from the Library of Congress and from college libraries as letters I received attested all too frequently … I was a writer whose book had been cancelled by a major publisher [Prentice Hall] and a major paperback publisher [Ballantine Books] under the persuasive hand of the CIA.” L. Fletcher Prouty, The Secret Team: The CIA and Its Allies in Control of the United States and the World, New York: SkyHorse Publishing, 2008, xii, xv.
36. During the Pike Committee hearings in 1975 Congressman Otis Pike asked DCI William Colby, “Do you have any people paid by the CIA who are working for television networks?” Colby responded, “This, I think, gets into the kind of details, Mr. Chairman, that I’d like to get into in executive session.” Once the chamber was cleared Colby admitted that in 1975 specifically “the CIA was using ‘media cover’ for eleven agents, many fewer than in the heyday of the cloak-and-pencil operations, but no amount of questioning would persuade him to talk about the publishers and network chieftains who had cooperated at the top.” Schorr, Clearing the Air, 275.
37. “There is quite an incredible spread of relationships,” former CIA intelligence officer William Bader informed a US Senate Intelligence Committee investigating the CIA’s infiltration of the nation’s journalistic outlets. “You don’t need to manipulate Time magazine, for example, because there are Agency people at the management level.” Bernstein, “The CIA and the Media.”
38. In 1985 film historian and professor Joseph McBride came across a November 29, 1963 memorandum from J. Edgar Hoover, titled, “Assassination of President John F. Kennedy,” wherein the FBI director stated that his agency provided two individuals with briefings, one of whom was “Mr. George Bush of the Central Intelligence Agency.” ” When McBride queried the CIA with the memo a “PR man was tersely formal and opaque: ‘I can neither confirm nor deny.’ It was the standard response the agency gave when it dealt with its sources and methods,” journalist Russ Baker notes. When McBride published a story in The Nation, “The Man Who Wasn’t There, ‘George Bush,’ C.I.A. Operative,” the CIA came forward with a statement that the George Bush referenced in the FBI record “apparently” referenced a George William Bush, who filled a perfunctory night shift position at CIA headquarters that “would have been the appropriate place to receive such a report.” McBride tracked down George William Bush to confirm he was only employed briefly as a “probationary civil servant” who had “never received interagency briefings.” Shortly thereafter The Nation ran a second story by McBride wherein “the author provided evidence that the Central Intelligence Agency had foisted a lie on the American people … As with McBride’s previous story, this disclosure was greeted with the equivalent of a collective media yawn.” Since the episode researchers have found documents linking George H. W. Bush to the CIA as early as 1953. Russ Baker,Family of Secrets: The Bush Dynasty, America’s Invisible Government, and the Hidden History of the Last Fifty Years, New York: Bloomsbury Press, 2009, 7-12.
39. Operation Gladio, the well-documented collaboration between Western spy agencies, including the CIA, and NATO involving coordinated terrorist shootings and bombings of civilian targets throughout Europe from the late 1960s through the 1980s, has been effectively expunged from major mainstream news outlets. A LexisNexis Academic search conducted in 2012 for “Operation Gladio” retrieved 31 articles in English language news media—most appearing in British newspapers. Only four articles discussing Gladio ever appeared in US publications—three in the New York Times and one brief mention in the Tampa Bay Times. With the exception of a 2009 BBC documentary, no network or cable news broadcast has ever referenced the state-sponsored terror operation. Almost all of the articles referencing Gladio appeared in 1990 when Italian Prime Minister Giulio Andreotti publicly admitted Italy’s participation in the process. The New York Times downplayed any US involvement, misleadingly designating Gladio “an Italian creation” in a story buried on page A16. In reality, former CIA director William Colby revealed in his memoirs that covert paramilitaries were a significant agency undertaking set up after World War II, including “the smallest possible coterie of the most reliable people, in Washington [and] NATO.” James F. Tracy, “False Flag Terror and Conspiracies of Silence,” Global Research, August 10, 2012.
40. Days before the April 19, 1995 bombing of the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City DCI William Colby confided to his friend, Nebraska State Senator John DeCamp his personal concerns over the Militia and Patriot movement within the United States, then surging in popularity due to the use of the alternative media of that era–books, periodicals, cassette tapes, and radio broadcasts. “I watched as the Anti-War movement rendered it impossible for this country to conduct or win the Vietnam War,” Colby remarked. “I tell you, dear friend, that the Militia and Patriot movement in which, as an attorney, you have become one of the centerpieces, is far more significant and far more dangerous for American than the Anti-War movement ever was, if it is not intelligently dealt with. And I really mean this.” David Hoffman, The Oklahoma City Bombing and the Politics of Terror, Venice CA: Feral House, 1998, 367.
41. Shortly after the appearance of journalist Gary Webb’s “Dark Alliance” series in the San Jose Mercury News chronicling the Agency’s involvement in drug trafficking, the CIA’s public affairs division embarked on a campaign to counter what it termed “a genuine public relations crisis for the Agency.” Webb was merely reporting to a large audience what had already been well documented by scholars such as Alfred McCoy and Peter Dale Scott, and the 1989 Kerry Committee Report on Iran-Contra—that the CIA had long been involved in the illegal transnational drug trade. Such findings were upheld in 1999 in a study by the CIA inspector general. Nevertheless, beginning shortly after Webb’s series ran, “CIA media spokesmen would remind reporters seeking comment that this series represented no real news,” a CIA internal organ noted, “in that similar charges were made in the 1980s and were investigated by the Congress and were found to be without substance. Reporters were encouraged to read the “Dark Alliance’ series closely and with a critical eye to what allegations could actually be backed with evidence.” http://www.foia.cia.gov/sites/default/files/DOC_0001372115.pdf
42. On December 10, 2004 investigative journalist Gary Webb died of two .38 caliber gunshot wounds to the head. The coroner ruled the death a suicide. “Gary Webb was MURDERED,” concluded FBI senior special agent Ted Gunderson in 2005. “He (Webb) resisted the first shot [to the head that exited via jaw] so he was shot again with the second shot going into the head [brain].” Gunderson regards the theory that Webb could have managed to shoot himself twice as “impossible!” Charlene Fassa, “Gary Webb: More Pieces in the Suicided Puzzle,” Rense.com, December 11, 2005.
43. The most revered journalists who receive “exclusive” information and access to the corridors of power are typically the most subservient to officialdom and often have intelligence ties. Those granted such access understand that they must likewise uphold government-sanctioned narratives. For example, the New York Times’ Tom Wicker reported on November 22, 1963 that President John F. Kennedy “was hit by a bullet in the throat, just below the Adam’s apple.” Yet his account went to press before the official story of a single assassin shooting from the rear became established. Wicker was chastised through “lost access, complaints to editors and publishers, social penalties, leaks to competitors, a variety of responses no one wants.” Barrie Zwicker, Towers of Deception: The Media Coverup of 9/11, Gabrioloa Island, BC: New Society Publishers, 2006, 169-170.
44. The CIA actively promotes a desirable public image of its history and function by advising the production of Hollywood vehicles, such as Argo and Zero Dark Thirty. The Agency retains “entertainment industry liaison officers” on its staff that “plant positive images about itself (in other words, propaganda) through our most popular forms of entertainment,” Tom Hayden explains in the LA Review of Books. “So natural has the CIA–entertainment connection become that few question its legal or moral ramifications. This is a government agency like no other; the truth of its operations is not subject to public examination. When the CIA’s hidden persuaders influence a Hollywood movie, it is using a popular medium to spin as favorable an image of itself as possible, or at least, prevent an unfavorable one from taking hold.” Tom Hayden, “Review of The CIA in Hollywood: How the Agency Shapes Film and Television by Tricia Jenkins,” LA Review of Books, February 24, 2013,
45. Former CIA case officer Robert David Steele states that CIA manipulation of news media is “worse” in the 2010s than in the late 1970s when Bernstein wrote “The CIA and the Media.” “The sad thing is that the CIA is very able to manipulate [the media] and it has financial arrangements with media, with Congress, with all others. But the other half of that coin is that the media is lazy.” James Tracy interview with Robert David Steele, August 2, 2014,
46. A well-known fact is that broadcast journalist Anderson Cooper interned for the CIA while attending Yale as an undergraduate in the late 1980s. According to Wikipedia Cooper’s great uncle, William Henry Vanderbilt III, was an Executive Officer of the Special Operations Branch of the OSS under the spy organization’s founder William “Wild Bill” Donovan. While Wikipedia is an often dubious source, Vanderbilt’s OSS involvement would be in keeping with the OSS/CIA reputation of taking on highly affluent personnel for overseas derring-do. William Henry Vanderbilt III, Wikipedia.
47. Veteran German journalist Udo Ulfkotte, author of the 2014 book Gekaufte Journalisten (Bought Journalists) revealed how under the threat of job termination he was routinely compelled to publish articles written by intelligence agents using his byline. “I ended up publishing articles under my own name written by agents of the CIA and other intelligence services, especially the German secret service,” Ulfkotte explained in a recent interview with Russia Today. “German Journo: European Media Writing Pro-US Stories Under CIA Pressure,” RT, October 18, 2014.
48. In 1999 the CIA established In-Q-Tel, a venture capital firm seeking to “identify and invest in companies developing cutting-edge information technologies that serve United States national security interests.” The firm has exercised financial relationships with internet platforms Americans use on a routine basis, including Google and Facebook. “If you want to keep up with Silicon Valley, you need to become part of Silicon Valley,” says Jim Rickards, an adviser to the U.S. intelligence community familiar with In-Q-Tel’s activities. “The best way to do that is have a budget because when you have a checkbook, everyone comes to you.” At one point IQT “catered largely to the needs of the CIA.” Today, however, “the firm supports many of the 17 agencies within the U.S. intelligence community, including the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA), the Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) and the Department of Homeland Security Science and Technology Directorate.” Matt Egan, “In-Q-Tel: A Glimpse Inside the CIA’s Venture Capital Arm,” FoxBusiness.com, June 14, 2013.
49. At a 2012 conference held by In-Q-Tel CIA Director David Patraeus declared that the rapidly-developing “internet of things” and “smart home” will provide the CIA with the ability to spy on any US citizen should they become a “person of interest’ to the spy community,” Wired magazine reports. “‘Transformational’ is an overused word, but I do believe it properly applies to these technologies,’ Patraeus enthused, ‘particularly to their effect on clandestine tradecraft’ … ‘Items of interest will be located, identified, monitored, and remotely controlled through technologies such as radio-frequency identification, sensor networks, tiny embedded servers, and energy harvesters — all connected to the next-generation internet using abundant, low-cost, and high-power computing,” Patraeus said, “the latter now going to cloud computing, in many areas greater and greater supercomputing, and, ultimately, heading to quantum computing.” Spencer Ackerman, “CIA Chief: We’ll Spy on You Through Your Dishwasher,” Wired, March 15, 2012.
50. In the summer of 2014 a $600 million computing cloud developed by Amazon Web Services for the CIA began servicing all 17 federal agencies comprising the intelligence community. “If the technology plays out as officials envision,” The Atlantic reports, “it will usher in a new era of cooperation and coordination, allowing agencies to share information and services much more easily and avoid the kind of intelligence gaps that preceded the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks.” “The Details About the CIA’s Deal With Amazon,” The Atlantic, July 17, 2014.
Original source of this article is Memory Hole
Copyright © James F. Tracy, Memory Hole, 2016, obtained from Globalresearch.ca
Occult Secrets of Language Used As A Method Of Mind Control
The ‘spell’ in spelling was meant to create a magical trance over you – to obstruct the true meaning of the essence of the Creator. Many occult (33-degree freemasons, illuminati, cabal, etc.) secrets are hidden within spelling and grammar, but it doesn’t take much digging to reveal them.
For instance, as per Thoth, the Egyptian God of learning, wisdom and magic, (also depicted in ancient hieroglyphs as a man-bird) the purpose of spelling is to cast magic energy with a definite purpose. Myths surrounding Thoth even say he created himself through language – but this is eerily egoistic, and suggests deep occult powers beyond just being able to win a spelling bee.
There is an interesting parallel in the Christian bible, in the Gospel of St. John as well: “In the beginning was the word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.”
If the occultists want to control a population they simply delete, distort, and generalize the truth. This is the Meta Model used behind most of MK Ultra and other mind control techniques utilized by the Deep State. Language and grammar are one of the primary means to distort truth.
When powerful people utilize certain speech patterns, they appear to know the truth about something, but they don’t truly understand what other people think, feel, and believe. This is irrelevant, because the aim is to convince them through a “spell” – what is “true” to the Occult Paradigm.
To see an example of this in action, we could look at thousands of hours of political speeches, but we’ll keep it simple and direct for now.
Let’s say a leader wants to convince the general population that a law to mandate Common Core teaching standards is a good thing. They will use language like this:
“All sensible parents agree that children should be able to meet certain academic standards where developmentally appropriate.” Let’s break this one sentence down to find all its “spells.”
Firstly, there is a forgone conclusion within the phrase, “all sensible parents.” This is called a lost performative. It assumes that something is true without any concrete proof. Who determines what is sensible? What academic standards are we talking about? Who will determine them?
The next problem is with the absolutism of the statement. Should you disagree that “all parents agree” you are automatically in a position of opposition to power. You’re bucking a “truth” that everyone else has already accepted.
Then, “certain academic standards” is also rife with ambiguity. It’s a vague term meant to cast a large net so that as many people as possible will be caught in it. This phrase also uses nominalization. How would you know when you’ve achieved “developmentally appropriate standards?” Is this some arbitrary set of rules meant to teach our children nothing at all, or something of great importance? Time has shown that Common Core did exactly what its makers promised – confused the hell out of kids and teachers alike with double speak and backwards math, but the ‘spell’ to get it implemented worked.
Finally, we have, “where developmentally appropriate.” This is more lost performative phrasing. It implies a judgement about child development, without taking any responsibility for what that is.
Consider that this is a single sentence, with spelling and grammar in a sea of the CIA-sponsored, occult-referenced, decades-long, interdisciplinary study into mind control.
You need to explore way back before Operation Paperclip, and into the deepest known annals of human history to find the magic of language and its use by occultists – this is what informs all mind control programs today.
Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self-preservation?”
That’s from a real 1952 CIA memo.
Now recall what Thoth, the Egyptian bird-God said the purpose of language and spelling was: to cast a magic spell with a specific purpose.
Let’s look at another example.
The words ‘write’ and ‘writing’ also contains ‘rite’ as in ceremony or ritual. The words also contain the ‘right’ as in the right angels used prominently by the occult, and found in sacred geometry.
The “word” or spiral (whorl) makes the world. This whorl or spiraling energy is the premise upon which divine geometry, including fractal geometry and the Fibonacci series is based. This is also called “God’s Fingerprint,” as it appears in the Golden Ratio (1.618). The Golden Ratio appears to be the main source code that is within all intelligent divine creation and is also the number assigned to man; however the occultists use this whorl (world) and divine plan a bit differently.
For example, the Golden Ratio has been linked to the number of the beast (666) because of the false assumption (intended spell) that Divine Geometry can be expressed in integers, which it cannot.
If you hit the sin key on a calculator after entering 666, you’ll get this answer – an integer – -0.809016994374948. . .
It seems random enough until you know what to look for. We’ve been taught that the ancient Greeks, being master aestheticians, liked their geometric figures to be pleasantly proportioned in alignment with the Golden Mean. In the case of rectangles, they preferred the side lengths to be in proportion as the golden ratio. If you do some fancy calculations and divide by 2 you’ll get the 666.
Here’s the problem, though. Using a spell, we’ve been taught (or its been hidden from us) that the Divine Ratio, at least among the occult) honors satan. It does not. As Ruth Tatlow describes in her paper, “The Use and Abuse of Fibonacci Numbers and the Golden Section in Musicology Today,” A complex set of misconceptions about the use of the golden section and Fibonacci numbers in music has evolved in recent years. The perpetuation of these misconceptions is guaranteed by a steady increase in the number of printed and electronic articles, books and dissertations, many of which bear the marks of academic integrity.”
She continues to explain that in about 300 BCE, Euclid described a ratio which he termed the Extreme and Mean (DEMR), or the ‘divine section,’ or ‘divine ratio.’ The terms ‘divine proportion’ and ‘golden section’ to describe Euclid’s DEMR were coined in the sixteenth and nineteenth centuries respectively.
The DEMR was formed by lines and compasses. Euclid never mentions the size of the angle. He has a numerical expression for DEMR. General rational numbers do not appear in his Elements. She states,
“For Euclid, numbers and magnitudes were different kinds of quantity; arithmetic dealt with the discrete, and geometry with the continuous.”
Therefore, the “right” angles or the “rites” of the occult are based on the bastardization of the Divine Ratio or the Golden Mean as it occurs in nature. It cannot be drawn by compasses and lines.
In SummaryThere are thousands of words and phrases offered by occultists in power to sway your mind and to bend the truth of the Universe. Interestingly, Thoth was even credited with the invention of music – but we know now that even the planets have a song of their own, so how could an Egyptian bird God invent something that was already inherent in the Divine?
Odd then, that the CIA has also used music to “break” detainees. When music (another language) is used in a very different (non-cabal or occultist) way it can even cure cancer.
As we uncover the methods of the elite to control us, we cannot look past our most basic methods of communication – speech, writing, grammar, and of course, thought. To know is to be free.
Read More Articles by Nathaniel Mauka.
MK-ULTRA: Then and Now
An Analysis of CIA Mind Control
We often hear stories about mind control and human experimentation without really considering the reality behind the phenomenon. As some of you may know, the MK-ULTRA mind control program was initiated and funded by the CIA’s scientific intelligence division in the 1950s till the mid 1970s. The sole purpose of the program was the behavioural modification – or behavioural engineering – of human beings in order to be able to control and enslave them.
Through these mind control techniques, subjects are first “de-patterned” by manipulating their individual mental states and altering their brain functions. This is done through E.C.T (Electro Convulsion Therapy), the administration of drugs, hypnosis, sensory and sleep deprivation, isolation, verbal and sexual abuse, as well as other various forms of torture.
As a result, and as a creative way to deal with extreme trauma, the victims’ brains would develop Multiple Personality/Personalities Disorder (MPD), or more colloquially, Dissociative Identity Disorder (DID); which is when different dissociative parts of a single brain view themselves as separate persons. They are encouraged by their handler/programmer to go to that “happy place” where they cannot feel physical pain anymore. And that is exactly the desired final outcome of our planet’s decision makers – mentally controlled slaves to be used and abused.
There is also more subtle mind control in the form of slow brainwashing that takes generations, and usually the subjects are more or less unaware that any of this is happening to them. This is achieved by playing on the subconscious part of the brain using propaganda, mass media and pop culture to manipulate the masses.
In this two-part exposé, we will discuss several known cases of healed MK-ULTRA/Illuminati victims in order to better understand the horrific ordeals the victims have to go through. We will also shed light and raise some questions on some pop stars who showed/show signs of possible mind control that are worth pondering on.
Let me first refresh you with what MK-ULTRA was all about and how did it come to being.
It is known that Nazi scientists were imported to the U.S right after WW II in what was known by Operation Paperclip. From 1945 to 1955, almost 1000 German scientists were granted American citizenship. Most of them were Nazi party members who had conducted experiments on humans in concentration camps and who had committed other war crimes. Scientists like, Arthur Rudolph, Wernher Von Braun, Hermann Oberth and others ended in the American military industrial complex, worked with the CIA, and started NASA. Their collective work and callous mass control ideology led to MK-ULTRA.
Most of the human guinea pigs used in such experiments were mental patients, prisoners, drug addicts, and prostitutes – or “people who could not fight back” as one officer put it. To be enslaved, it is required that the chosen subject be exposed to abominable torture and treatment methods in order to induce trauma; through which they become dehumanized and “broken down,” hence, ready to be controlled. Through surreptitious use of drugs, E.C.T, and abhorrent abuse, their past memory is capable of being altered. It is also how the programmed mind can later be triggered to be used for specific purposes.
To wipe the brains clean of “undesirable” behaviour, reprogram a new one and create new individuals, the victims would undergo the most vile and inhuman of experiments. That includes being locked in a cage as children and being beaten and raped by monkeys. That also includes being forced to drink their own urine and eat their own faeces. In some cases, the children are initially raped by their fathers or a family member who also happens to be the handler/programmer. Yes, insanely sick to say the least.
Other victims were put to chemical sleep for weeks at a time while listening to repetitive tape recorded messages to cause the depatterning and the reconditioning. Fathomably, many would lose their memory and/or sanity in the process.
A total of 44 American colleges and universities, 15 research foundations or chemical or pharmaceutical companies and the like including Sandoz (now Novartis) and Eli Lilly and Company, 12 hospitals and clinics (in addition to those associated with universities), and three prisons have participated in MK-ULTRA. Most programs within the military industrial complex have zero oversight by congress, and the project which began in the 50s was kept secret and classified for all this time until the late 1970s.
Doesn’t that just show us how powerful the elite who ran the show and who still control our world today really is?
Even though CIA Director Richard Helms ordered all MK-ULTRA files destroyed, but the Freedom of Information Act was able to uncover thousands of related documents. The common disinformation is that the project was officially halted in 1973, and that it “didn’t amount to anything” and was ultimately inconsequential to the CIA. Or so they kept repeating.
127 victims sued both the United States and Canadian governments for unwillingly taking part in the MK-ULTRA experiments at the Allen Memorial Institute in Montreal under the supervision of Dr. Ewen Cameron. This “Memory Thief” had served as the President of the Canadian, American and World Psychiatric Associations, the American Psychopathological Association, and the Society of Biological Psychiatry during the 1950s. Yes, a LOT of agencies. But that simply shows how much MK-ULTRA was widespread.
One of Cameron’s most famous subjects was Velma, the wife of a Canadian Member of Parliament, David van Orlikow who blew the lid on the subject some years later. More details about these experiments are covered in the eye-opening documentary Ewen Cameron, Memory Thief.
Those specific victims – or who and what was left from them – eventually settled out of court for $100,000 each. But, is there really a price for messing with someone’s brain and life so barbarically? And what about all those who never regained consciousness and just “lost it”?
Much later, the United States government issued a national apology about MK-ULTRA while Bill Clinton was in office. Have a look at the Video and judge for yourselves if that really sounds like a true or genuine apology. I believe that this “apology” was part of an uncanny cover story campaign to convince the population that mind control is long gone and that it isn’t used anymore.
For those who want to know more, these vicious crimes against humanity which have destroyed countless lives throughout the years were covered thoroughly in the 1979 book by John Marks The Search for the Manchurian Candidate, and later in 1988 in Anne Collins’ In The Sleep Room: The Story of the CIA Brainwashing Experiments.
Personally, I don’t see any rational reason to believe that mass control has come to an end. There has been growing evidence until today that it is indeed alive and well. Only now that its activities are much more covert than overt and they are being executed by different sectors of the global community. Somehow we all became test subjects. The biological, chemical, and radiological weapons used today against the unwary population are still mostly unknown to us. And if Geo Engineering (Chem Trails), water fluoridation and Monsanto haven’t enraged you yet, or at least raised many questions in your heads, then you’re not paying enough attention and I suggest you start questioning anything the establishment does.
After the initial scandal of MK-ULTRA, the “ones in charge” must have learned a tough lesson and this time they will try to keep it as top secret as possible. The term “MK-ULTRA” may not be used anymore but the ideology is obviously still there. The 13 Illuminati bloodlines, for example, have always believed that it’s their right and duty to rule over the rest of us. So, I mean, it’s only logical that they still believe so and they will do all they can to safeguard, intensify, and upsurge their existing supremacy.
There have been many different names like Projects Bluebird, Artichoke, Monarch and many more that will still be revealed to us in the next few decades. But controlling the masses is certainly still flourishing because simply there is no reason for it to stop. Of course there are different kinds and levels of control designed for different people. That includes individuals chosen because they are linked to certain bloodlines, pop starts and celebrities, or simply the unwary masses as we will see a little further.
It is also only logical to believe that after all these years of technological advancement, the techniques used must have developed exponentially. The controlled today are not necessarily patients but they are individuals with man-made DID (Dissociative Identity Disorder) who are living amongst us as a kind of mental slaves. The difference is that present day victims don’t have to be tied up to beds or drugged with psychotropic drugs for months at a time, which may be somehow cumbersome in today’s world. However, they can be mind-controlled using triggers, compact devices, satellite radar system and more enhanced, crazy things that we still ignore.
To better understand MK-ULTRA and mass control we have to take a closer look at those in charge. They might be working behind closed doors, but I think it’s obvious to almost everyone now that they are the ones who truly “control.”
One of the disturbing facts is that a number of those mind-controlled victims are already chosen as infants. Either for belonging to some blueblood of the Illuminati, which is considered “higher” than the rest of the population, and who are willingly offered by their parents to serve The New World Order. Or, like the case of many, they are “acquired” from care homes and poor parents so that they are used as guinea pigs, slaves or sacrifices. Yes, this does happen in today’s world. And if you’re a real truth seeker, you can find out yourself more incongruous, heart-wrenching information with very little research.
For those who are familiar with the Illuminati, the Skull and Bones, and other secret societies, it’s no real secret that they rely on the occult and operate by offering sacrifices — humans and animals. They believe they receive the power of those departed souls which “enter” them upon their death, and take part in ceremonies where they drink human blood and eat human flesh.
They also believe in opening portals between other dimensions and practice ancient and satanic rituals to reach a New World Order — of course with The Rothschild, The Rockefeller and the rest of the 13 bloodlines at its zenith.
Freaky stuff indeed, but it must be somehow working for this hideous, vulturous lot. At least until now or they wouldn’t be religiously involved for centuries.
In fact, they are the true owners of today’s world. Not only do they run the whole show inside the U.S and the U.K from behind the scenes, but they also rule over the world and shape the course of humanity, also from behind the scenes.
Queen Elizabeth II alone owns 6.6 billion acres of land worldwide, which is 1/6 of the world, and which is worth over $30 trillion. And along with the rest of the elite minority, they own 40% of our planet’s resources. That includes the six major corporations which represent 90% of today’s media, the consumer industry and production, the pharmaceutical companies and drugs, the oil, the banks and the whole monetary system, the arms and wars, and the governments and politicians. They also control the intelligence agencies and the “projects,” which consequently make them the ones who truly control the minds of millions of people.
Since they dominate all of the above, there is no reason why brainwashing entire nations wouldn’t be quite the simple task. In my opinion, TV, mass media, pop culture, and other weapons of mass distractions are nothing but more sophisticated, advanced branches of MK ULTRA which have, slowly but surely, infiltrated every aspects of our lives.
That said, by studying the patterns around some of today’s celebrities and how they came to being, we realize that, someway or another, they too must be part of all this mind control insanity. We’ll talk more about that in Part Two.
We should once again ask ourselves why would the experimentation which have been going on for ages cease? Is it because of Bill Clinton’s apology perhaps? And why would the Illuminati and the likes would suddenly stop wanting to dominate and control even more? That’s just basic common sense here.