World UFO Day: 10 Baffling UFO Sightings Around The World
Written by Trusha Navalkar | New Delhi | Published: June 24, 2016
World UFO day is observed on June 24 to mark the day of the first UFO sighting by aviator Kenneth Arnold. UFO stands for unidentified flying object, most of which just happen to be defence aircraft of a country straying into the air territory of another. However, before it can be identified as such, the UFO alarms already start ringing, giving rise to modern-day urban UFO legends. However, 5-20 per cent of sightings go unexplained each year. Here are some of the most baffling — some unexplained — UFO sightings in history.
1. Roswell Incident (1947): The most popular of UFO-lore, it is the first recorded ‘UFO crash’ outside a ranch in Roswell, New Mexico. Speculation spread like wildfire for a pre-Internet time. Alien invasion theories floated around until the US military stepped in and clarified that the debris came from a crashed experimental weather balloon.
World UFO Day, UFO sightings, UFO legends, Roswell Incident, UFO sightings in India, unsolved UFO cases, unexplained UFO sightings, UFO in Kolkata, what is a UFO, famous UFO sightings in history, famous UFO sightings Until their deaths in the 1990s, Evelyn and Paul Trent earnestly insisted that the photos they captured were of an actual UFO. (Source: WP:NFCC#4/Wikimedia Commons)
2. McMinnville incident, Oregon, Canada (1950): Evelyn Trent first spotted a silvery, metallic disk in the early evening sky when she was outside feeding her rabbits. Her farmer-husband watched for a couple of minutes and then decided to take two pictures before the UFO disappeared. The Trents shied away from all publicity and refused to sell the pictures to the media, preferring to keep the news private to avoid getting into trouble with the government. Only one local reporter got lucky. While attempts have been made to examine the photographs for any trickery, none has succeeded so far. Until their deaths in the 1990s, Evelyn and Paul Trent earnestly insisted that the photos were of an actual UFO.
3. Manbhum, Bihar, India (1957): At least 800 villagers of Kadori, Borsa and Mangalda came out of their huts to witness a sight very strange to them. A flying-saucer-like UFO descended to a height of 500ft above ground, whirring like a motorcar engine. It hovered mid-air for a few minutes and took off at an incredible speed, leaving behind a lot of smoke.
4. Barney and Betty Hill (1961): Barney and Betty Hill reported ‘symptoms’ of alien abduction after sighting strange lights on a trip back from Canada. Investigation — which also involved hypnosis — came to the conclusion that they were subject to various lab tests by the aliens. Both of them recounted experiences of being examined by grey aliens.
5. The Canary Islands sightings, Spain (1976): Residents of Las Rosas, Gran Canaria, reported seeing a gigantic, translucent blue sphere hovering just above ground level. They saw two figures in the gigantic sphere, measuring 30m in diameter. The figures looked like humanoids. The sphere grew larger and larger before ultimately disappearing into the sky. At 9.27pm on the same night, the Navy personnel reported a strange light travelling along the horizon that later split into two distinct objects.
6. Iranian UFO chase (1976): On September 19, 1976, the Iranian air force received frantic calls about a strange light shining in Tehran. Fearing an enemy attack, the Iranian air Force dispatched two F-4 pilots for initial investigation. The pilots reported strange technical activity upon return. The first pilot’s aircraft system began to fail as he approached the UFO. Deciding to abort the mission, the aircraft regained full functioning capacity as soon as he returned. It gets even bizarre with the second one. The UFO launched a defensive attack — a bright beam of light — on the aircraft, which missed due to an evasive manoeuvre executed by the pilot. Tehran was witness to the typical alien-invasion signs — knocked out communications systems, loss of power supply and widespread mayhem on the ground — as the UFO continued to chase the aircraft across Tehran’s skies
7. Rendlesham forest UFO landing (1980): Jointly operating US-UK air bases at Bentwaters and Woodbridge in the UK were on alert upon being buzzed by a UFO for several nights in 1980. On 27 December, the UFO seemed to have closed in for an encounter at Rendlesham forest as the locals started reporting strange lights in the area. The security patrol on duty found a saucer-shaped craft hovering a short distance off the ground. Moreover, they even saw grey aliens who seemed to be working on it. Those who did approach closer to investigate reported experiencing symptoms of altered reality — such as time displacement, “reality bending” phenomena and bizarre atmospheric anomalies.
8. Hudson Valley, New York sightings (1981): What makes this one stand apart are the sheer number of people who reported them, and the fact the flying saucers in this case weren’t circular discs, but triangular in shape. What made it eerie was that these UFOs didn’t make any sound as they hovered over the city. Some of them were reportedly so large that witnesses described them as a “floating city”.
9. Japan Air Lines Flight 1628 (1986): The crew of the Tokyo-bound flight from Paris was accompanied by more than one UFO for almost an hour as the Boeing 747 cargo carrier transited the skies over Alaska. The UFOs made motions that suggested gravity had no effect on them whatsoever. Air traffic controllers were not able to detect any UFO activity around the Boeing despite repeated assurances by the crew. The pilot, Captain Kenju Terauchi, is as credible a source one could find as he had served as a fighter pilot and logged more than 10,000 hours in flight.
10. Kolkata, India (2007): A straight-out-of-a-Sci-Fi-movie fireball terrorised the residents of Kolkata in 2007. At 3.30am on October 29, witnesses described the gigantic object as a shape-shifting, vanishing ball of fire streaking over the sky. Scientists tried to pin a natural-cosmic-phenomenon tag on it — including a meteor — but ultimately agreed the shape-shifting ability made it hard to identify its origins.
Tom DeLonge: UFO Hunt Hasn't Ended My Time With Blink-182
The 40-year-old rocker took a hiatus from the pop punk group early last year (15), and was replaced by Alkaline Trio musician Matt Skiba for the recording of their forthcoming album California.
In an interview published by American website Mic last week (beg13Jun16), the rocker appeared to give a bizarre explanation for his departure, saying that he planned to devote his future to investigating UFOs after writing a book, titled Sekret Machines, about the subject.
However in a post on Facebook, the star denied his departure from the band would be permanent, writing that he was discussing a full return with the group's drummer Travis Barker.
"Quitting the band to search for UFOs? Hahhaha WTF (what the f**k) is wrong with you media," he wrote. "I'm actually talking to Travis about us right now... Never did quit, remember?"
Despite denying his time with Blink-182 was at end, he claimed he was working with government officials on UFO related projects.
"But- Am I currently working with people in the Government? YES," he added. "Including leadership from DOD (U.S. Department of Defence), (American) Intelligence (agencies) and Executive Branch (of the U.S. government)? YES."
His indication that he was in discussions with Travis about playing with Blink-182 again was in contrast to his comments in the Mic interview.
Speaking about his work research into extra-terrestrials he said, "I can't tour nine months out of the year with enough time to do the enormity of what I'm setting out to do."
Read More: www.tv3.ie/xpose/article/entertainment-news/207526/Tom-DeLonge-UFO-hunt-hasnt-ended-my-time-with-Blink182
UFOs Terrorize A Small Town In Peru
UFOs are always visiting Peru and just recently they happened to visit the small town of Loreto, Peru. Town residents reported seeing three sightings of unidentified flying objects. They say the UFOs they saw were virtually seen by the entire town.
I know if sounds like something out of the movie Cloverfield, but this actually took place. The witnesses say the UFOs were very distinct, visible, and extremely loud when they appeared. They were so shocking that they terrified the entire town. Nobody had a clue what they were witnessing or hearing.
Read More: www.inquisitr.com/3218233/peru-ufos-reportedly-terrorize-and-amaze-residents-of-small-town/#U88s7cMT7CeTXsxW.99
Two Crafts Captured On Video Miles Away From Earth
I'm not quite sure what I'm looking at in this video, but it appears to be two space crafts of extraterrestrial origin, meeting up miles away from earth.
I snatched this video from Scott Waring's website. You should check it out. I find it pretty intriguing.
Read More: www.ufosightingsdaily.com/2016/06/two-craft-having-rendezvous-at-point-l1.html
UFO Sightings Reported Across The Country Saturday
These sightings were taken from the Mutual UFO Network website
UFO Sightings spiked across the country on Saturday, February 27. Witnesses from all over the US and one from the UK were submitting daytime sighting reports to Mufon.
The below video was taken Thursday, February 25th at 12:30ish just 15 miles from Mufon case #74681 in Alhambra, Ca
Mufon Sighting Reports Saturday
2/27/16 Alhambra, Ca Case # 74681 (Multiple video evidence submitted)
Long Description of Sighting:
I was driving On the 10 freeway in Alhambra when I noticed a metallic object which was hovering over some hills , My initial reaction was that it was a metallic balloon so I asked my daughter and her friend to give me their opinion. They assured me that it was not a balloon, I pulled over on the freeway and got a better look as it was moving slowly an realized it was a V shaped metallic object about the size of a small plane . It was moving like a falling leaf in all kinds of directions but not falling , it was hovering and changing directions , it also flew lower and higher in elevation but never went too low . Once in a while it would flicker it's lights which at one point I was able to see one on each corner of the object . The most interesting part was when it elevated higher , a big jet with trails passed really close to it and as it did , the object started lighting up for a few seconds then it stopped . I told my daughter , " wow, I know for a fact that pilot must have took a good look at that object . I say pilot only because it was not a passenger airplane , I live in chino and Ontario airport is a few miles away , I see passages airplanes on a daily basis . We looked at this object for about 25 minutes before it went up so high that we lost track of it . I tried to video tape it with my iPhone but was not too happy with my shots, but you can still make out the object and the way it was moving and flashing it's lights . One thing I thought to myself , if it is some sort of a flying object , how can someone be inside of it due to the way it moved rotating in all kinds of ways being a V shaped object you would expect it to move in one direction , straight .
2/27/16 GB Case #74858 (Multiple evidence provided)
Long description of sighting:
Again I was At home taking pictures of the clouds, and hoping to picture UFO's. I saw some glint in the sun, and others mimic how birds fly, but mostly they are covered in the clouds. And they seem to know that they are being watched. I have photographed that many now, that finding them is esay.
One of them at first glance it looks like a horse, then when you zoom in it looks more like a serpent. They move as you know, they move faster than a blink of the eye. However, in saying that some of them just move with the clonds.
2/27/16 Delray Beach, FL Case# 74843 (Multiple evidence provided)
Long description of sighting
I was at the public beach in Delray ( north end). I was admiring the beautiful cloud formations when I noticed a very bright object, rectangle or oblong in the south east sky. It was too far for me to see the details. I first thought it was a reflection of the sun on a cloud but It didn't move when the clouds did. After about ten minutes, I didn't notice it there. Then after about ten more minutes, I saw it again, more directly east, it was stationary and was about 30 degrees above the horizon. ( I am not good at knowing degrees, so I am guessing but you can observe it from my photos). There was a boat out in the ocean that looked as it may have been trying to go towards the object, I presume for curiosity sake. Then a small plane and two helicopters flew around above us at the beach.
The black helicopter was hovering over the ocean Then moved over the beach (going east to west , yet sideways????) most likely trying to photograph it from a distance???? Not sure. Very odd to hear the two copters and a small plane at the same time in the same area....
I decided to take photos with my iPhone to document it, as it was not a usual sighting. Maybe it was a weather balloon? It was just odd....so bright -enough to stand out. It did not scoot around...but did go from south east to east within the 45 minutes I observed it, and it had disappeared during the location transition.
The object was still there when I left. I am curious as to know what it may have been, any light you can shed would be appreciated.
2/27/16 Dracut, MA Case# 74842 (No photo evidences, but descriptive report)
Long description of sighting:
I'm at my sister's house with some friends, when a few of us step outside to smoke. I immediately notice chemtrails in the sky and point them out. One minute later, a small plane appears over our heads, and I then noticed a flash of light appear just ahead of the small plane, and asked the person standing next to me if he had seen the flash. He said he did notice it. Right after that, two very bright star-like objects appear in the sky looking NE. They were near each other. I have no idea how close they were to each other. I believe they were maybe a mile or two from us and they were just above the tree line at slightly different heights. They were bright and they appeared suddenly. It was like someone turned on two huge spotlights in the sky. I noticed right away, and so did everyone else. We all watched as the objects moved slowly closer together before dimming out completely and simultaneously. That lasted about two minutes. I became very anxious and agitated. I stayed outside for a few more minutes, while everyone else went back inside. Small planes which were numerous before the sighting, were all gone. Quiet sprayed sky and cold is all that remained. I had a feeling that the objects knew they were being observed. I had a very strange dream later which involved me lying on a table in a room with others present. A woman who looked like one of my teachers from elementary school, was standing over me. She smiled then she touched my forehead and stroked my face, causing me to giggle like a little kid. I felt like I was five years old again. She did it again. This time I laughed, but I felt older and a little aroused. When she attempted to touch me again, I grabbed her hand and yelled "Get off me!" I pushed her away and fell off the table. I struggled with someone on the floor for maybe ten seconds and woke up in a sweat.
2/27/16 Pennville, IN Case# 74866 (No photo evidence but descriptive report)
Long sighting report:
My husband and I were driving East down a country road about 9 PM on February 27, 2016. My husband was talking to me and I was looking out the window. I always look at the stars at night. I noticed one of the stars lower in the sky did not look like all the others. It was slightly bigger and slightly brighter. It also had a golden tint instead of the whitish color most stars have. It was stationary and I thought maybe it was a planet and that's why it looked different. I did notice a plane flying past what looked like the same area of the star.I kept looking at it almost constantly for about 5 mins. Suddenly the "star" began to move in a NW direction. It seemed to have the same speed from the moment it began moving until I lost sight of it when the angle was over my car. At that time I felt kind of fearful and started thinking of scenarios of what might happen next. Which thankfully was nothing! I told my husband about it as soon as it had began moving but from his angle he could not see it. We had a similar experience about 5 years ago a out 15 miles South of the same area. We were in the backyard late at night having a fire. Two stationary "stars" did not look right to me. They were the same color as the other stars just brighter and bigger than the other around them and just seemed out if place. My husband and I were discussing them seeming different and possibly being UFO's. They were there, from the time we noticed, for about 15 mins. When suddenly they began to move in a NE direction at the same exact time and keeping the same exact distance, direction, and speed. For about 1 min when the lights just went out. I don't know if it was one object or two. Just moments later there were several planes in the area of where the lights disappeared coming from different directions. I felt kinda shocked at what I has seen. My husband and I still talk about it sometimes.
Mufon Sighting Report Sunday, February 28th
2/28/16 Port Charlotte, FL Case#74858 (Multiple photo evidence)
Long Sighting Description:
7:40 pm 2/28/16 saw total of 8 orange balls rising from tree line. Sometimes one at a time and sometimes two at a time. Each one rose to a point in the sky stopped and hovered for aprox 10 seconds then moved off slowly then accelerated rapidly.Each one after hover left view in roughly 1.5 seconds. Took pictures with my Nikon D 70s with 300 mm f 4 lens. Took 11 pictures.
This incredible documented fireball orb sighting was not the only one Sunday night.
2/28/16 Rosedale, MD Case# 74855 (No photos)
Long Description Sighting:
I was walking my puppy, looked up seen trangular shape w/ 7 lights. I noticed ONLY the lights first. Then it flew into lighter clouds I seen the out line. It was not a completely clear night, the stars were patchy, the UFO was in/above clouds but I always could see lights- dim-bright pending on cloud cover. Only once I seen the dark outline.
It was one ship because the lights appeared fixed. They never changed position. It was flying from North to South-South East, it appeared to move laterally once for a short jog to the East but maintained its North to South East line of travel.
I watched it from directly above me till it was no longer visible- due to its distance and cloud cover.
Hope this helps,,,
2/28/16 Ellijay, GA Case#74853
Long Description Sighting:
I went out on the back porch to look for my dog. I saw a ship oorsomethimg of that sorts in the sky over the trees. I called my sister and she came out and saw room we looked at it for about 30 seconds and then it just vanished.
Glowing UFOs Dance Above The City Of Santiago
Multiple glowing UFOs were captured by a extremely excited witness with a high pitch squeal in Santiago, Chile. You can tell by the sounds of her squeals she believes she is witnessing something extraordinary. All the witnesses from the video seem fascinated by the event.
The video begins with the witness whipping a camera around to film something outside her window. It appears that she was in her room chillin playing a heated game of Chatroulette or whatever the kids are into these days. Either way her computer camera was rolling and it was go time. Because of the quick action she was able to capture decent footage for a first time witness.
The video shows multiple glowing objects hovering over the city of Santiago. The video was not altered, yet it still managed to stir up a heated debate on YouTube.
Some viewers claimed the objects were clearly airplanes, while others say it's amazing footage.
The only way to settle the debate is to debunk it. This seems like such an elaborate sighting over a major city, there has to be other witnesses. Maybe they were planes. Maybe it was a called off alien invasion, either way it shouldn't be impossible to solve this video in question. I'd do it, but I don't feel like it, but it is a cool video when played on MUTE. I'll let you make your own assumptions.